• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Clockwork, Steam & Sorcery - Episode 2

loxmyth

First Post
Jim gives the pair a satisfied grin. "Well then, Ol' Jim'll be happy to do business with you lot in the near future. Look, don't be strangers, I'm getting on in years and I'm not as quick as I used to be, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy the company you know. And you should be careful when you leave; this area's not as safe as it was in my younger days. Why, the murderer caught a young woman from across the way not a week ago. Of course, I hear the brute's behind bars now, but it pays to be careful, I say."

ShortAssassin

First Post
"The Murderer?"

Buri looked around uneasily. He didn't feel as safe as he felt a minute ago. "This is news to me, I'm new in these parts. Would some one fill me in?"

Cepter

First Post
Dorian, who had been looking around (mostly at the ground) as he learned that he would be unable to help in the barter, looks back up again at the mention of the murder.

loxmyth

First Post
ShortAssassin said:
"The Murderer?"

Buri looked around uneasily. He didn't feel as safe as he felt a minute ago. "This is news to me, I'm new in these parts. Would some one fill me in?"

"You must've been living under a rock if you haven't heard. The gossip's all over the streets, and it's even been news in the Tidings," Jim crows, waving his walking stick at Buri. "Well, yet another telling of the story won't hurt anyone. There's been a string of murders over the last two weeks, and the guards suspect it's the work of one man, because of the killings have all been the same fashion. Brutally cut down with some heavy bladed weapon, likely orc-work. Body parts missing in some cases. That was the case with the girl across the way - they say she was only identified by the birthmark on her leg." The old man paused, apparently choked up with the memory. He dabbed at the corner of an eye and swallowed before continuing his musings.

"Poor girl, she'd come in here sometimes for a trinket or potion. Beautiful lass, with the most bewitching green eyes... He was a cunning one, that killer. Dodged the guard for a good long time, and killed at least seven and possibly more - there are a few people that went missing in the last little while including a young halfling girl. Likely dead, every last one of them. But now he's behind bars as I hear it, and he'll be a head shorter in a couple of days. Of that we can be thankful."

ShortAssassin

First Post
Buri flinched as Jim recalled the brutality of the murders. For a moment he very much wished he was back at home, plowing his fields, where such things never happened.

"So Jim, how did they finaly catch this man? How did they finally find him and link him to the murders? Who is he?"

loxmyth

First Post
"Couple of local boys caught him dumping the body of his eighth victim in the Westering," Jim explains. "One of the brave lads yelled for the guards, while the other tracked him to his hideout, leading the guards back once they arrived. As for who he is, he's a murdering orcish brute, that's who!"

ShortAssassin

First Post
"Surely there is additional investigation now to ensure they have the right man though. They would not have locked up this man on the say of two young boys, would they? And as to his true identity, I would think that would be also most important. I am not so quick to judge a man by his bloodlines or the past actions of those bloodlines."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Er...is Argent gone from this one?

IC

Froud hums to himself, watching with feigned interest as his companions buy knick-knacks and brick-a-brack from this seller of arcane oddities.
Listening to the Shopkeeper, something just didn't ring true about the story of the Killer.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads