"Clone Wars" Series - I've Heard It's Good?

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
I watched some episodes of Clone Wars, in no particular pattern.
The show took an un-likeable character from the movies (teenage Anakin Skywalker) and made him sympathetic / interesting. He had to grow up, gain maturity, learn to deal with other people, and add more to his problem-solving playbook than just "I powerhouse my way through because I have the mostest Power of the Force".

edit: spelling

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
I watched some episodes of Clone Wars, in no particular pattern.
The show took an un-likeable character from the movies (teenage Anakin Skywalker) and made him sympathetic / interesting. He had to grow up, gain maturity, learn to deal with other people, and add more to his problem-solving playbook than just "I powerhouse my way throug because I have the mostest Power of the Force".

Yeah they make Anakin likeable.

Ahsoka also annoying on her debut but she has great character arc over the two shows.

pukunui

Legend
Clone Wars is worth watching for Ahsoka's story. I'm sure someone else has made an episode list (like how there are TNG lists if you just want to watch all the episodes with the Borg in them).

I agree that Rebels is overall better, but Clone Wars certainly improved over time, not just in terms of story but also the animation quality. I haven't tried watching the show in chronological order yet, but I imagine it could get kinda weird with episodes bouncing between the newer, better animation to the older, suckier animation.

I have three Star Wars-mad daughters, so I've seen pretty much everything Star Wars except the Lego Star Wars stuff (aside from the new Lego Star Wars Holiday Special, which is pretty funny). I like most Star Wars stuff for the most part.

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
Clone Wars definitively took a couple of seasons to find it's groove. It's Star Wars to it's core, though, overall uneven but when it gets it right it's pure magic.

Zardnaar

Legend
Clone Wars is worth watching for Ahsoka's story. I'm sure someone else has made an episode list (like how there are TNG lists if you just want to watch all the episodes with the Borg in them).

I agree that Rebels is overall better, but Clone Wars certainly improved over time, not just in terms of story but also the animation quality. I haven't tried watching the show in chronological order yet, but I imagine it could get kinda weird with episodes bouncing between the newer, better animation to the older, suckier animation.

I have three Star Wars-mad daughters, so I've seen pretty much everything Star Wars except the Lego Star Wars stuff (aside from the new Lego Star Wars Holiday Special, which is pretty funny). I like most Star Wars stuff for the most part.

How about the Clone Wars animated movie? Ahsokas debut.

pukunui

Legend
How about the Clone Wars animated movie? Ahsokas debut.
Yeah, I've seen it. Own it on DVD. Don't think it's anywhere near as bad as some people make it out to be. I like it better than Episodes I and II at least.

I think the only reason it's "bad" is that it's really just a few episodes stitched together. If they'd left them as separate season 1 episodes, people probably wouldn't complain about them anywhere near as much.

Remove ads