• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Clubhouse: The Shearing Pen

Gansk

Explorer
PJSlavner and I have a mutual friend who lost his wife in a car accident, and it is definitely a gut-wrenching incident. I'm really sorry that it happened EH, especially in the midst of your cousin's wedding.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
That's terrible - I can't imagine what it must feel like for the newly married couple too.
I can only hope for healing for all involved...

PJSlavner

Explorer
Hello all,

My oldest son's twelfth birthday is coming up. For our children's birthdays, we give them $20 toward the purchase of almost whatever books they want. He has expressed interest in buying the Arms and Equipment Guide. While I am somewhat proud that he wants to buy something for D&D, I do not know how useful that book would be for him.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a book for D&D that he would be interested in and would get use out of?

Thank you.

ugulu

First Post
So dependent on what interests him. I guess a bigger question would be: what books don't you have? :)

For sheer imagination how about one of less "crunchy" books like Mysteries of the Moonsea or Lost Empires of Faurûn? Or maybe MC's Ptolus - I do not have it but it sounds pretty cool.

PJSlavner

Explorer
He likes figuring out what his character (level 2 elf ranger) can choose for equipment and feats. He likes to plan what his next two or three feats are going to be, and he keeps changing his mind on what kind of equipment he wants. I am fairly certain that he wants a book that he can use for his current character and any future characters he has. I will ask him if he might want something that is just fun to read.

He has already read the PHB, PHB2, Complete Warrior, Complete Adventurer, some of Expanded Psionics Handbook, and a good chunk of the Magic Item Compendium.

ugulu

First Post
...oooor more crunch could be good :)

I've always like Player's Guide to Faerûn in that regard - lots of regional feats and new spells.

PJSlavner

Explorer
I like PGtF also; that is why I have it. :)

To answer your question as to which books I do not have:

The only Complete book I have other than the ones already mentioned is Complete Mage. I do not have any other books that are useful for players, nor do I have any from the Sandstorm, Frostburn, etc. series.

Gansk

Explorer
OK, here are the rule changes for the semi-finals:

1) Grappling rules are updated based on FAQ and RotG rulings - no natural 1's or 20's, but all natural weapons can attack at -4 while grappling
2) No camping in the VZ in any plane other than the prime material
3) Creatures have the option of teleporting into the arena or entering from their side of the arena using a move action or five-foot step. Large or larger creatures cannot deliberately squeeze just to simulate a five-foot step into the arena, they must move enough for their entire space to enter.
4) If a creature is physically blocked from entering the VZ for any reason, the time limit to enter is extended as long as the creature makes a valid attempt to enter the VZ every round thereafter.
5) Pre-buffing spells and abilities can be cast on the creature or the creature's equipment before they enter the arena. For simplicity's sake, anything that normally lasts 3 minutes or longer will be assumed to have been cast, with 2 minutes subtracted from the duration. Any spell or ability with a shorter duration must be cast inside the arena.
6) The VZ is changed to a 20 foot wide vertical strip with a 20 foot high roof. The strip occupies the squares from 20N to 95N and from 50E to 65E. There are support posts at the following vertices - 20N50E, 20N70E, 60N50E, 60N70E, 100N50E & 100N70E. A spreadsheet depiction of the arena is attached.

Attachments

• Arena.xls
    15.9 KB · Views: 147

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads