• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CN vs. N: Chaotic Neutral Victorious!

PJSlavner

Explorer
Infiniti2000 said:
Fang then completes the full-round action to summon a fiendish hawk at 100N80E30Z...

Assuming the lizard remains relatively stationary, Fang will then fly east 30ft, do a wingover, fly back 30ft, do a wingover (so he's in the same spot, heading east), and then cast true strike.

Summoned creatures must be summoned on a surface capable of supporting them (PHB p. 172, second chapter of section on Conjuration). Only creatures that have only a fly speed can be summoned in mid-air. The second sentence is my interpretation, based on the first sentence.

You can only do one wingover per round.

Infiniti2000

First Post
Missed the part about wingover. I always viewed 'surface' as a mode of movement capable of supporting the creature. For example, the ground is capable of supporting a shark, but you should not be able to summon a shark onto dry land or into a pool of magma, etc. I understand your position, though, and it also makes sense.

I've editing the actions accordingly.

PJSlavner

Explorer
The ball of acid hits for 2 points of acid damage.

Round 775

The lizard looks like it is watching a tennis match, with its head going back and forth, but not moving its body.

Round 777

The lizard tries to bites Fang as he approaches (rolled 41) for 26-5=21 points of damage. It grabs Fang (47 vs. 31 grapple) and pulls him into its space. Fang has 168 HP remaining.

I will not hold Fang to attacking defensively, as he had not started his attack yet. Fang bites back (rolled 36-4=32) for 13 points of damage. The lizard does not lose any health over the bite (rolled 24 Fort save). It has 206 HP remaining.

Round 778

The lizard swallows Fang whole (56 vs. 35 grapple), dealing 20-5=15 points of damage in the process. Fang has 153 HP remaining.

Does Fang try to climb up the esophagus or cut himself out?

ugulu

First Post
After this many rounds of all-out-gore in 9 arenas, the moment of quiet while everyone watches this replay really stands out. It is quickly replaced by a cacophony of betting on whether Fang will be spit out, claw his way out, or never be seen again.

Infiniti2000

First Post
Fang looks upset. More specifically, he would look upset if anyone could see him. He bites, claws, wings, and tail slaps his way out of the lizard, preferably to the south and into the solid fog. He curses at the moderator for forgetting his true strike, not that it mattered.

PJSlavner

Explorer
Sorry about that, chief. That reminds me. A moment of silence, please.

Fang claws twice and bites, but the wings and tail do not do much to the lizard's innards. Fang inflicts a total of 24 points of damage, which is not quite enough to cut his way out. The lizard avoids the bite's effect (rolled 35 Fort save). The lizard has 182 HP remaining.

Round 779

The lizard does not do much other than try to digest Fang. Fang takes 16 bludgeoning and 12 acid damage. Fang has 125 HP remaining.

Fang easily bites and claws for 26 points of damage, cutting himself out. Fang emerges to 85N90E, in a solid fog. The lizard ignores the bad bite effect (33 Fort save), and has 156 HP remaining.

Round 780

The lizard claws once, but misses with bite because of the fog. Fang takes 8-5=3 points of damage, and has 122 HP remaining.

PJSlavner

Explorer
Round 781

The lizard moves into the fog, finding it very slow going. It moves to 90N80E. The lizard's head is sticking up out of the top of the fog.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads