• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[CoC] Nocturnum -- Part I - Chapter 2 The Madness of the Twilight Queen

Jemal

Adventurer
The Forsaken One said:

Ah is the smell of wish fumbling and not precily chosen wording punishing GM smell that bad?:p
(and no that's not the same smell as at the door IC :p)
No, it's just the only kind I know of.. ;)

Shapermc

First Post
Ross prepairs himself to go out the window.

[ooc: I am sorry for not stating that I would be away, but a few things came up over the past weeks. The government is trying to make me move, and I have to fight it. I think they will win . I will keep you updated and let you know if I have to move. Thanks again. /ooc]

[OOC: Ok man, no prob. I figured that something was the matter. You aren't the type of guy that just quits a game or just quits anything at all. Well the best of luck to you m8, just glad to see you can post at all... /OOC]

The sound of breaking glass greets everyone in the labroom as Doc wraps his coat around his arm and thrusts it through the window. Shards and pieces of glass tingle onto the cold floor and after a few seconds some of you hear the rest of the glass hit the ground two floors below the now gaping black hole.

A gust of fresh air blows in through the smashed window and it feels welcome as it releaves your noses for a moment from that horrid smell off unwashed bodies and vomit that seeps through the door at an ever increasing pace with each blow of the pick or axe. Doc quickly gets out onto the ledge but immediatly falls back a bit and grabs wildly around him to catch onto something as a sense of vertigo overtakes him.

Ugh... hights...

Taking a deep breath the old man starts to move towards the pipe that goes down towards the parkinglot some 18 feet below him. As he hangs over a bit to grab the pipe he sees red stains on the wall all the way where he came from and a black shard of glass sticking from the window still.

Even had to grab into that damned thing... grrrr... I'm not what I used to be...

Doc grabs onto the pipe and slowly starts to make his way down where he can finally plant his feet on solid dirt again about 20 seconds later. Ray and Jas closely behind him the rest of his friends are starting to slide down one by one as suddenly two shots ring everyones ears.

Everyone looks up towards the open window where James just climbed out from and grabed the pipe... just Jason is missing...

The six seconds seem to last forever but another shot echos over campus shortly followed by a heavily breathing Jason who almost leaps out of the window and rushes down the pipe catching up with James halfway who was taking his time getting down.

Damned those freaks, they broke through the door with the axes and picks... Man there were lots of them... the first one in came charging me with a pick. He scared the :):):):) out of me but in a panic I just shot him in the head man... ugh... and then another one came at me like some maniac. He took it in the hip and it was enough to slow him down but man really... that corridor behind him.. there must have been like 20 guys out there! Well I heard James call and saw him go out the window and that I was last one out... :):):):) man...

Doc walks over to Jason and taps him on the back for a moment and rubs his back.

We gotta go kid... not safe here.

Sure Doc... but when I stopped shooting and ran for the office.. they swarmed the room in like five seconds and I had to bail out... I fire somewhere into the bunch of them as they came after me bu...

As Jason tries to tell his story the moaning echos over the parking lot and a mass of bodies has accumilated in front of the broken window and it reaching with their hands outside as if to catch the party below them. The gang now quickly runs off dragging Jason and Jason with them.

Just seconds later several engine fire up and roar as they take off, two shapes plunging from the sole lit window behind them as the mass pushes them out in an attempt to reach their now escaping quarry.

Somewhere in town Doc pulls his car over and turns to the rest as he gets out of his car.

It's late... everything is closed I presume... hmm... guess we'll have to spend the night in the car... might be just as safe when we're nowhere to be found. Seems like someone doesn't like us taking an interest in this...

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads