D&D 5E Collaboration: Stat That Monster!

generic

On that metempsychosis tweak
So, here's the idea for this thread, someone will post an image of a monster, and then everyone in the thread will collaborate to give that monster a set of final stats for all of us to use.

It's an experiment in the wisdom of crowds, and an exercise to see if DMs and monster-statisticians can cooperate to produce a ridiculous number of awesome monsters.

Rules: Please don't post another monster image until the current one has been given stats.

And that's it!

I'll start; give this bad boy stats:

Samael+Reborn+hi+res+color+redux+redux.jpg

Aaron L

Hero
I am utterly unable to come up with monster stats, but that thing looks terrifying; I'd love to see what people come up with for a towering monstrosity like that!

(I personally would love some stats for Pumpkinhead!)

aco175

Legend
It appears to be a tarrasque sized demon lord of some sort. I'm guessing d20 for HP since I do not have something larger.

A bonus dragon/snake hair attack, maybe make that a free action to breath fire or make one that can breath each of the element damage.

A slam attack from this thing must be something incredible like 2d20 or 4d10 plus strength which would be at least 30 for something this large. Times 6 arms for six attacks.

Where would this lair to get lair actions. It must be some sort of unique monster.

He looks like a caster of some sort since he can wave his hand and make magic words appear.

generic

It appears to be a tarrasque sized demon lord of some sort. I'm guessing d20 for HP since I do not have something larger.

A bonus dragon/snake hair attack, maybe make that a free action to breath fire or make one that can breath each of the element damage.

A slam attack from this thing must be something incredible like 2d20 or 4d10 plus strength which would be at least 30 for something this large. Times 6 arms for six attacks.

Where would this lair to get lair actions. It must be some sort of unique monster.

He looks like a caster of some sort since he can wave his hand and make magic words appear.
I like all of this.

Perhaps he should have some ability based on his multiple mouths.

This could take the form of being able to concentrate on two spells at once, or a simple "Blasphemous Word" attack option. He could even be able to swallow enemies or something. He does look like more of an enemy-gobbling brute than a clever fellow, but one can never tell with demons.

Fiend (demon) seems like a good creature type, Gargantuan seems like an appropriate size, and Chaotic Evil alignment seems consistent with a demon.

Edit: Ha, ha, lol. I did not initially notice that you were crediting his magical abilities with producing the artist's signature

Last edited:

generic

AC is debatable, but HP should be high, considering the Demon's obvious size.

He is bare-chested, but natural armor bonuses might come into play.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Judging from the buildings being squashed in the foreground and background: That thing's thumb alone is gargantuan sized.
It's thumb.

I have a distinct feeling you should have started with a more manageable monster o_O

Best bet would be to start with a page from @dave2008 's 5e epic Primordials, and give each significant limb it's own sub-stat block: A block for an arm, the torso, the main head, and the dragon(wyrm?) heads. Maybe have the main head control two arms, while each dragon head controls it's own arm.

Coroc

Hero
How many maws does it actually have, and also the legs are mot visible? does it have a tail?

A rough guess of me the attack stats would be 2xbite from the main maws 4xbite (poisonous) from the snake heads and some 6 arms making (grappling?) attack, say you do not want to compete with the tarrasque here do you? :p

Coroc

Hero
now also draw a Halfling barbarian besides it for size comparison :p

Seriously that is no monster, that is a living natural disaster, alone the crater it leaves should cause some major earthquakes around the country. This one eats tarrrasques for breakfast.

Ok let us stat this: CR 300 STR 100 Dex 12 Con 100 Int 16 Wis 18 Cha 24
Fails all saves only on a natural 1
HD: 300 2d20 + 13500, HP 25500 , miss only on a natural 1
12 attacks 2xbite d1000+45, 4xbite d100+45 6xslam d1000+45 (d1000 = three d10 one for each digit)
Legendary actions 4 all recharge on d6= (2-6):
Major earthquake structural damage 100 d 1000, save DC 35 or fall prone, if you roll less than 5 on your save you are swallowed by a chasm, and die instantly costs 3 legendary actions

Legendary resistance: Can chose to make a save it other wise would fail 1 legendary action

Condition immunity all, immune to spells lower than 7th level, Regeneration 2000 HP / rd
Damage immunity except for magic weapons which are major artefacts or at least +3
Resistant to fire, electricity, cold necrotic, radiant. Immunity to all other damage types.

Here the good news: wherever this aberration shows up there is a 10% chance each round that some avatar of a local god would appear to even the odds.

generic

I'm going to try to start statting some of these crazy and awesome ideas up.

This will be quite the foe!

aco175

Legend
Maybe the dragons on its head are just nesting there and not its hair. The thing is big enough to even grow and spawn dragons.

Remove ads