• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Collaborative Cave!

der_kluge

Adventurer
Elephant said:
Re: post 84:

Delightfully nasty is right. I love how the younger one lurks in the water, waiting to ambush his victims.

Would it be unfair to say that the Choker will use Ghost Sound (or Dancing Lights) to alert the dragons when he fights someone?

One thing I was going to comment on, but forget was how you had the Choker cast two spells during his surprise round. Wouldn't he only be able to get one spell off during his surprise round?

I would imagine that the Choker would have to have some sort of agreement with the dragons that they agree to let him live there so long as he agrees not to attack them. Seems to me that the Choker could totally take Artix in a fight if he really wanted to.

But, under normal circumstances, I doubt the Choker would have time to really warn the dragons with a ghost sound or anything like that. He'll be too busy attacking, or defending himself from attackers, should they come.

Ilium

First Post
der_kluge said:
Assigned.

Anyone want room 12? Do we even want room 12 on the map?
I won't volunteer to take it until I've done the room I already grabbed, but I like the room's layout a lot. Let's keep it for now and maybe somebody will have a brainstorm for it.

I've got something percolating in the back of my mind already, but if somebody else has a more fleshed-out idea, they should run with it.

der_kluge

Adventurer
Shieldhaven, if you end up putting the halfling in room 10, it seems very likely that he was placed there by Artix during a failed attack on the sibling dragons some time ago. (read Artix's tactics)

der_kluge

Adventurer
If possible, I might have an opportunity to playtest this dungeon next week. I'm specifically very interested in seeing how my dragon chamber does, and the Choker does.

I'd like to see if I could get a sub of rooms 6, and maybe 3/4 (I can close off 11 and 12 if they're not done yet, I can also close off room 9) so I can get a rudimentary playtest result.

This would need to be done by the 1st of June.

Shieldhaven

Explorer
Re: halfling (Jeeral Smoketallow) - I am currently setting things up so that the contents of the room justify his continuing presence there. He doesn't ever need to leave, because he's a fifth-level cleric and can cast create food and water. He doesn't want to leave because the pillar on the island is corrupting him and making him its pawn. We'll see if I can make this idea play out intelligibly.

I suppose, in terms of a metagame approach to the cave, I'm writing this as if the pillar itself is just as worthy of a goal for dungeon-crawling as slaying Artix and Ferix would be. This is intended as a good thing - a GM who wanted to drop this cave into their campaigns would find that it either added a huge cool dragon fight to an essentially archaeological mission, or added a dark prophecy and archaeology to their essentially monsterslaying mission.

der_kluge, since this is your baby, I'm looking to you to make sure you dig this. If this isn't a direction that interests you, say so and I'll devise alt.wickedness.

Haven

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads