Collected Core Handbook Errata

Lizard

Explorer
My purchased copy of the MM does not reference a "Primordial Colossus". It references the Godforged Colossus, which does exist. Likewise, the index correctly lists Dusk Unicorn. I haven't checked every entry to see if the printed books match the errata list, but it's obvious the PDFs were not final versions.

To be useful, this list should contain errors which only made their way into the actual print books.
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Underage AOLer

First Post
Lizard said:
My purchased copy of the MM does not reference a "Primordial Colossus". It references the Godforged Colossus, which does exist. Likewise, the index correctly lists Dusk Unicorn. I haven't checked every entry to see if the printed books match the errata list, but it's obvious the PDFs were not final versions.

To be useful, this list should contain errors which only made their way into the actual print books.

I moved them to their own section.

I totally agree that only the errors in the final print books should be noted, but at the moment I have only the PHB with which to double check. My gift set is on order.

If you see any other errata listed here that doesn't apply to the actual books, please let me know.
 



Flazzy

First Post
Underage AOLer said:
✦ p.50-51: the death knights seem to be adding incorrect values to their damage rolls (12 and 16 should be 13 and 19, respectively) [Flazzy]

Actually should be +5/+4 for the figher, +7/+2 for the paladin, as half level does not add to damage.
 

2WS-Steve

First Post
Not sure if it's an error -- but seems like one:

PHB 214 -- armor table

chainmail is AC +6 check -1 and speed -1
scale is AC +7 check -0 speed -1
plate is AC +8 check -2 speed -1

going by natural progression I think the check penalty for chain and scale has been reversed
 

silentounce

First Post
2WS-Steve said:
Not sure if it's an error -- but seems like one:

PHB 214 -- armor table

chainmail is AC +6 check -1 and speed -1
scale is AC +7 check -0 speed -1
plate is AC +8 check -2 speed -1

going by natural progression I think the check penalty for chain and scale has been reversed

No, it's not an error, because it's not a natural progression. Read the descriptions on 213 for a fluff explanation as to why chain has a penalty and scale doesn't. Also, note the Armor Spec. feats on 202. The chain one reduces it's armor check penalty, so it definitely has one.
 

2WS-Steve

First Post
silentounce said:
No, it's not an error, because it's not a natural progression. Read the descriptions on 213 for a fluff explanation as to why chain has a penalty and scale doesn't. Also, note the Armor Spec. feats on 202. The chain one reduces it's armor check penalty, so it definitely has one.

I see, perhaps because of the extra feat cost then as far as balance goes.
 

I checked the real MM: your list of errors is correct, if you get me, but this one must have been changed since the PDF leaked:
"✦ p.286: the Ice Archon Hailscourge (p.20, Level 16 Artillery) does not have an entry [maragin]" It is the first entry on the level 16 list:)
 

Underage AOLer

First Post
Flazzy said:
Actually should be +5/+4 for the figher, +7/+2 for the paladin, as half level does not add to damage.

Could you explain this a bit more so that I can add the correction to the list? My previous corrected values were 3.X thinking with the Strength modifier determining damage... silly me.

mach1.9pants said:
but this one must have been changed since the PDF leaked:

Thanks, I moved it to the PDF section.
 

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Top