Collected Core Handbook Errata

bbbmmmlll

First Post
My friend Cale found this flavor inconsistency:

On the sidebar on page 225 PHB bottom left it lists Residuum as having a "silvery color". However under the "Disenchant Magic Item" Ritual listing on page 304 of the PHB it's listed as "...golden [colored] dust..." So which is it?! :)

Alexander Heppe

First Post
This a typo?

On Page 188 of the Monster Manual, under "Mind Flayer Mastermind Tactics" the text refers to a power called "mind warp".

This power is not listet in the Mind Flayer Mastermind's Stat-Block. Has the power been renamed to "illusion of pain"? That would make sense in the context.

DMG page 213: Dart Trap, Perception: "DC 20: The character notices a firing mechanism in the ." should be "DC 20: The character notices a firing mechanism in the suit of armor.".

Henrix

Explorer
Starfox said:
This does not make sense. Carrying a shield implies it is in your backpack.
No, it doesn't. Carrying a shield is what you do with it. (And it's the same in swedish - bära sköld och vapen.)

Angrygodofmilk

First Post
Errata

Errata.

MM. Page 278.

Kobolds (as player characters) are listed as having "Normal" vision. Kobold monsters (in both the MM and DMG) are listed as having "Darkvision".

I think this must be an errata, because Wizards had no problem granting Darkvision to Drow as player characters on page 276 of the MM.

Angrygodofmilk

First Post
Update

Update

MM. Page 278.

Kobolds (as player characters) are listed as having +2 Dexterity and +2 Constitution.

The bonus to Constitution seems misplaced. Not that averaging the ability scores of the 6 kobolds on Pages 167-169 has anything to do with determining their bonuses as player characters, but doing so does bear out the Dexterity bonus. The second highest "average" ability score of the 6 kobolds is Wisdom.

Looking strictly at the "role" of kobolds, and the wyrmpriest in particular, a +2 Wisdom bonus seems more warranted for kobolds than a bonus to Constitution.

damiangerous

First Post
Endurance has some serious issues. The rules in the PHB and the DMG have almost nothing in common with one another. For example, starvation. The PHB lists a DC of 10 +2 per day. The DMG says it's 3 weeks then a check at DC 20 for the next day and +5 each additional day. Suffocation and thirst have the same issues. Holding your breath is given in the PHB as DC 10 + 1 per round after the 5th. The DMG has it as 3 minutes until a DC 20 + 5 per round. Environmental damage is given as "base 15" in the PHB but nothing in the DMG is that low, severe weather starts at 20.

I would assume the rules in the DMG are correct in this case because they seem like a more complete system with the "rule of 3's" but it's very confusing for players.

Also the PHB points you to chapter 3 of the DMG for the Endurance rules, but only disease is in chapter 3. The rest is in chapter 9.

Oompa

First Post
I cant acces the update files from my work overhere, is it much that is corrected? is it drastic or does it explain things?

Remove ads