Collected Core Handbook Errata

Moribund

First Post
Raven's Glamor, p. 138. Since its effect lasts until the start of your next turn it ends before it can be sustained. Should last until end of next turn.

catsclaw227

First Post
Wasn't there a thread that discussed how much better Twin Strike was over Careful Attack, and that it seemed that Careful Attack was nerfed too far to match up with the math?

Keenath

Explorer
Possible entry: sleep

I think Sleep is missing an important clause.

Garrote Grip says, "...the target falls unconscious. If an unconscious target takes any damage, it is no longer unconscious."

Knockout says, "...target is knocked unconscious (save ends). If the unconscious target takes any damage, it is no longer unconscious."

Sleep says, "the target becomes unconscious (save ends)."

Sleep seems to be overpowered for a 1st level power. I think Sleep was meant to have that clause, "If the unconscious target takes any damage, it is no longer unconscious."

Circumstantial evidence:
Note that the June 7th D&D Game Day wizard had Sleep, and it said "...the target falls asleep" with no further explanation of what "sleeping" meant. That probably means that pretty close to the printing date, they were intending "sleeping" to be a condition, but it was folded into "unconscious" at the last minute and nobody remembered to add the damage clause to the Sleep spell.

MindWanderer

First Post
Keenath said:
I think Sleep is missing an important clause.

Garrote Grip says, "...the target falls unconscious. If an unconscious target takes any damage, it is no longer unconscious."

Knockout says, "...target is knocked unconscious (save ends). If the unconscious target takes any damage, it is no longer unconscious."

Sleep says, "the target becomes unconscious (save ends)."

Sleep seems to be overpowered for a 1st level power. I think Sleep was meant to have that clause, "If the unconscious target takes any damage, it is no longer unconscious."

Circumstantial evidence:
Note that the June 7th D&D Game Day wizard had Sleep, and it said "...the target falls asleep" with no further explanation of what "sleeping" meant. That probably means that pretty close to the printing date, they were intending "sleeping" to be a condition, but it was folded into "unconscious" at the last minute and nobody remembered to add the damage clause to the Sleep spell.
Probably not. Mearls ran a DDXP session where the PCs put his black dragon to sleep, and he didn't wake it up on the first hit.

exodus747

First Post
New Error page 79 Rain of steel

Rain of Steel
Daily Martial,stance,weapon
Minor action Personal
Effect: Any enemy that starts its turn adjacent to you takes 1[w] damage, as long as you are able to make opportunity attacks.

3 things about this
1 If at the start of your turn u have 8 enemys around you they all take 1[w] damage just for standing there no rolls ?
2 how long does this last as it reads "as long as you are able to make opportunity attacks" that would mean this lasts what till u get stunned or goto sleep (effective forever) ?
more really it should last A. till the end of the encounter or B. untill the end of your next turn
3 if it is just an effect then why does it says fighter attack 5 and not fighter utility 5

this is just one of the errors i noticed reading the book it is sad cuz i really like the new edition, however does anyone know if the collector edition is goin to have any error correction or if wizards ever releases a Fixed/patched book ?

catsclaw227

First Post
exodus747 said:
Rain of Steel
Daily Martial,stance,weapon
Minor action Personal
Effect: Any enemy that starts its turn adjacent to you takes 1[w] damage, as long as you are able to make opportunity attacks.
Emphasis mine.

This means that the damage doesn't happen on the Fighter's turn, but on the individual turns of the adjacent enemies.

exodus747

First Post
ok

at the start of the enemies turn they just take damage no attack rolls
so as i said if u have 8 enemeys around you they will all take 1[w] as soon as there turn starts this seems a little silly considering u should have to hit them if u are making weapon damage against them
and since it is a stance i guess logically at the end of the encouter it would end but
can u move and keep your stance ?
can u use total deffense and keep your stance ?
if u fall prone do u lose the effect for the rest of the round or just till u get up ?
is the key word stace in the PHB ? at all ?

Last edited:

Mapache

Explorer
exodus747 said:
is the key word stace in the PHB ? at all ?

Page 55, where all the Keywords are located. It lasts until end of encounter, five minutes have passed, or you activate another stance. While it is active, you deal damage as long as you can make OAs.

exodus747 said:
3 if it is just an effect then why does it says fighter attack 5 and not fighter utility 5

Because it's an effect that damages opponents. More importantly, it takes an attack power slot, not a utility power slot.

exodus747 said:
this is just one of the errors i noticed reading the book

There are errors in the book, but this is not one of them. Everything about this power works exactly as written.

Remove ads