Comic Books - What are you reading/following?

Beleriphon

Totally Awesome Pirate Brain
Since we don't seem to have a dedicated thread for this I thought I'd start one.

What comics are you reading? Why? What do you like?

Me personally, I picked up Batman and Detective Comics again a few years back and have been enjoying both immensely. Tom King is proving to be a great write for Batman. He seems to get the character and the psychology of why Batman works as a story. Probably helps that Tom King is a former CIA analyst.

Otherwise I picked up the newest run of Usagi Yojimbo along with the last 100 issues of TMNT (really awesome BTW).

My pull list has shrunk of late. It's pretty much just Rat Queens, Dr. Strange, and when it comes back, presumably Thor. I did just pick up the new Morbius: The Living Vampire and Hellblazer comics, but have yet to read them. Dug those characters for a while, though Hellblazer lost me after the, what three consecutive reboots. I have hope in that it looks like they've gone back to an older Constantine.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I am not following anything on a month-by-month basis.

I'm using Marvel Digital Unlimited to go through swaths of the past and recent current comics - Ms. Marvel, for example, is excellent. I'm also slowly working through some of JMS' contributions to Marvel, and various other storylines here and there.

My current favorite for picking up trades is Atomic Robo - excellent action adventure.

My most recently read favorite complete story-line has got to be Locke and Key, which is also coming to Netflix soon. The characters are fully developed people, and they are stuck in a very creepy situation not of their own making.

Remove ads