• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

command ... you make the call

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Geoff Watson said:
"Autodefenestrate" is great, if the target knows what it means.

Seeing as how it isn't even in the dictionary that way (though defenestrate is) I doubt they would know the word.

Once I had a cleric visit a library to find that word. Then explained it to someone I didn't like... while he was standing near a window. The guy thought I was nuts, until I cast command :D

Can you make a king "reform" for even one round?

Numion

First Post
Destil said:

Close *points to his eyes* - Great for cleric / rogues (either multi-class or working togeather).

Dive *Points off a cliff or to a body of deep water*

Give *point to any single peice of gear they have and hold out your hand*

Attack *point to one of their allies*

The spell does not state that a gesture could be part of the command. Only the one word is. So the target wouldn't be obliged to dive into the chasm. You can also dive for cover; etc:

AuraSeer

Prismatic Programmer
Allowing gestures makes the spell too powerful for 1st level, IMO. If you Command an enemy to "Attack," he's perfectly free to attack you.

To get someone to close his eyes, or otherwise make himself an easy target, "Sleep" or "Die" are obvious choices. If you want him to drop his weapons, "Surrender" easiest.

Clear Dragon

First Post
On a hot day urinate and defecate are good ones to cast on a knight in full plate. Also work well with the silent spell feat on an important noble if you wish to have them embarrased in public. If your enemy is a cleric whose god demands very strict vows of chastity, ejaculate could (at DM's discretion) make him lose some powers.

Hmm, need to look up some more bodily functions...

Perhaps mimic[B/] could allow what ever gesture your are doing to be done, although that is highly DM subjective. If it works, you could stab your self with and illusionary weapon hoping the target will stab themselves with a real one. But this is becoming too powerful and subjective in my opinion.

wolff96

First Post
Clear Dragon said:
Perhaps mimic could allow what ever gesture your are doing to be done, although that is highly DM subjective. If it works, you could stab your self with and illusionary weapon hoping the target will stab themselves with a real one. But this is becoming too powerful and subjective in my opinion.

I don't know... In D&D mimic is often a noun, rather than a verb! :D

Johno

First Post
Pax said:

Masturbate also works. :eek:

Against mixed-gender groups of enemies, Fornicate causes some problems, as it *will* cause the subject to immediately grapple the nearest preferred-gender target and attempt to couple (forcibly if neccessary; the Command spell isn't nice about that sort of thing ...). Especially nasty if multiple clerics can cast this on multiple opponents (combines a command to grapple with a command to disrobe, heh).

Dance is useful, but not always guaranteed to be effective.

Swim can be amusing, especially when fighting a naval battle atop the decks of a ship or three. In shark-infested waters, preferably.

I do believe Catch is one of the most creative uses of command I have seen in recent years, however.

Anyone holding a flask of Alchemist's Fire would be (should be) terrified of Command: BURN!.

I would have ruled that "BURN" or "IGNITE" would be more likely to cause the target to toss the aforementioned flask at the nearest appropriate target...

"FLEE" is good, as they then spend one round running away, and must spend at least that time running back...

"SWIM" under those circumstances is good too.

"Fornicate" doesn't necessarily require prefered-gender to be present, and so is quite good. I guess the player would be left to decide what the nearest suitable "subject" be. It could get quite silly though...

Pax

Banned
Banned
Johno said:
"FLEE" is good, as they then spend one round running away, and must spend at least that time running back...

And if they were engaged in melee, they give (since fleeing implicitly includes the idea of "run, don't walk") attacks of opportunity to the fighter(s) they were engaged with.

"SWIM" under those circumstances is good too.

Worse, fighting on a low bridge, and the spell's target is a heavily armored fighter ... preferably a dwarf. Full Plate Armor has a tremendously BAD effect on one's ability to remain afloat. :D

"Fornicate" doesn't necessarily require prefered-gender to be present, and so is quite good. I guess the player would be left to decide what the nearest suitable "subject" be. It could get quite silly though...

True I suppose, but I tend to think that actions truly antithetical to the subject, won't work right. Ergo, w/o a subject of the appropriate gender present, you cannot guarantee the spell will work at all, so it might be safer to choose a different option.

Zaruthustran

The tingling means it’s working!
Wow, this thread has inspired me to make a Cleric of Olidimara, just for the prank possibilities.

And yeah, it'd be pretty fun to be standing abreast with two other Longspear-armed buddies, and Command the poor enemy mage to Charge.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads