D&D 5E Companion thread to 5E Survivor: Species

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Therefore I couldn't understand why posters who supported non-traditional options like Lizardfolk, Goblinoid, Satyr, Tortle, Minotaur, Tabaxi or Aasimar kept down voting each other's options when they had a common enemy.
What you gonna do? Humans!
I mean...my initial downvotes went to human options, and after that, halflings. I was pretty consistent in who I was opposing.

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Yet halfling remains.

Actually once Aasimar goes we down to the 1978 PHB options as the final 5, which is kinda funny
Not really. More extremely, painfully disappointing that Tradition Uber Alles wins. Again.

Because creativity and novelty are dead I guess. Really shouldn't have expected anything else from a survivor thread.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
Not really. More extremely, painfully disappointing that Tradition Uber Alles wins. Again.

Because creativity and novelty are dead I guess. Really shouldn't have expected anything else from a survivor thread.
same boat nothing of the absolute basic options means anything to me as they are boring over done or get cut from setting for a reason.

Xamnam

Loves Your Favorite Game
Therefore I couldn't understand why posters who supported non-traditional options like Lizardfolk, Goblinoid, Satyr, Tortle, Minotaur, Tabaxi or Aasimar kept down voting each other's options when they had a common enemy.
I don't think that's necessarily true. Just because I was rooting for Satyrs doesn't mean I'd be sad with a halfling or dwarvish victory. If you condensed down the variants into one option in the original list, I probably liked a good 70% of the options. There's really only one out of the top ten I didn't want to see.

Last edited:

RoughCoronet0

Dragon Lover
After the human was taken out it quickly became apparent the Elf and Dwarf would be contenders. With the Halfling and Gnome being runner ups.
It was so blatant.

What you gonna do? Humans!
It isn’t even just the fact that non-traditional races were voting against each other and not the Demi-human ones. Many were voting against them.

It’s the fact that no one was voting together against a single option. All the votes got spread around, which made it easier for the Demi- humans to to survive the down voting.

I ended up switch me down vote to Gnomes from Dwarves because no one was downvoting them and I felt like my vote was wasted as I continued to watch the Dwarves climb unimpeded. But multiple people started targeting the Gnomes and vocally spoke of doing as such, so I felt like my vote would actually help in knocking something down. And it did.

Now there is only one race left that I am ok with winning. I suppose we will see if I get to vote again Monday morning.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Almost a hundred other options were eliminated to arrive at our Top Five: Hill Dwarf, Wood Elf, Half-Elf, Half-Orc, and Lightfoot Halfling! And the scores are too tightly locked to really predict which one will be eliminated next, let alone which one will Survive!

I've played all five of these in the past, and they are solid choices. I think my half-elf sorcerer was the most successful, but the half-orc barbarian was the most powerful and the halfling cleric was the most fun.

Remove ads