D&D 5E Companion thread to 5E Survivor: Species

CreamCloud0

One day, I hope to actually play DnD.
while i'm not surprised human is getting stomped on this early i don't exactly enjoy seeing it, human are only as 'boring' as you imagine them and the fact that hundereds of other media manage to be interesting with only humans attests to that, i was going to vote for hospitality halfling but seeing warforged so downvoted so soon i felt the need to vote for that first. why the hate for it?

Riley

Legend
I don’t hate humans - I usually play one - but I’d prefer to see a distinctly D&D creation be the last Survivor.

(I’d include Warforged on a list of my “I’d like them to win” preferences.)

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Welp, my favorite is already eliminated (the custom rules from Tasha's Cauldron of Everything) so I no longer have a champion in this fight. There are some good ones on the list that I've enjoyed playing in the past; I'll just have to pick one. I really like the new Dragonborn species in Fizban's Treasury of Dragons, and I've had a lot of fun playing Variant Humans.

And for the sake of completeness, I added in the weird races from Spelljammer, just to watch them get trounced (and hopefully give the Warforged a bit of breathing room). I really (truly, deeply, passionately) do not like science-fiction flavored D&D, so I've got plenty of other targets on the field now. I'll still be downvoting the Warforged, for sure, but it's no longer my main target.

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
I feel like this is going to be the Survivor thread with the most corrections. I have already contributed, because DNS issues and some weirdness with my browser meant I commented on a post from last night instead of the latest one, so I already had to correct myself and then the guy who voted after me...

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
This is inevitably going to be an elf fight
Which is D&D tradition. I remember playing Moldvay Basic D&D back in the day, and everybody made an elf because there wasn't any downside to it -- it was objectively the most powerful race. So, the DM bribed players into making other races by starting them off with minor magic items. Which led to an arms race which ended up destroying the campaign both in-game and out-of-game. Bitter arguments! Shouted accusations! Tears and wails and gnashing teeth! wipes tear from eye Good times!

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I feel like this is going to be the Survivor thread with the most corrections. I have already contributed, because DNS issues and some weirdness with my browser meant I commented on a post from last night instead of the latest one, so I already had to correct myself and then the guy who voted after me...
And add onto that the number of people who are blocking/ignoring other people, and we're already elbow-deep in chaos.

Some people on these boards have very strong opinions about the various ancestries in D&D. Their opinions are so strong that they ignore/block (and get ignored/blocked by) other members just for having a different points of view. Both of them are more likely to post in this thread, because this is a passionate topic for them and obviously Their Favorite Must Win To Prove They Are Right...but unfortunately they can't see each other's votes. So I predict epic levels of cross-posting.

That's why I saved this one for last.

Last edited:

Remove ads