• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Compiled info on upcoming classes & races

Ondo

First Post
The Artificer is an arcane leader, and will appear in the Eberron Player's Guide (source). A playtest/preview version appears in Dragon 365.
Added this info to the first post.

Also removed this:
Keith Baker says "you can expect to see an early version of the artificer in next month's Dragon. I don't know if it will be the full class or a partial build, but it should give you something to work with." (source)

Ondo

First Post
Added to the first post a mention that the Forgotten Realms Player's Guide will also include a multiclass-only class for characters with spellscars (source).

Caliber

Explorer
Added to the first post a mention that the Forgotten Realms Player's Guide will also include a multiclass-only class for characters with spellscars (source).

Uh? Buh? Wth does multiclass-only class mean? Is the preview guy smoking crack or is the FR Player's Guide introducing some crazy new class system?

Uh? Buh? Wth does multiclass-only class mean? Is the preview guy smoking crack or is the FR Player's Guide introducing some crazy new class system?

nope... just as many guessed, the same way to mullti class (feats that swap out powers) is going to be used for uniqe power sets that do not make a full class. I bet Dragon marks will be similar... and i hope this is how they address spell fire as well.

Walking Dad

First Post
Perhaps some thing like:

Perequisites: Spellscared feat, wizard, fighter

So you could take it as a wizard with both the student of war and spellscared feat

or fighter with both the initiate of the arcane and spellscared feat

My best guess would be a spoiler for PHB2 or the Arcane Power book

Phaezen
It's been more or less implied that the Player's Handbooks would be about introducing new classes rather than adding to existing classes so far.

Dragonpact Warlocks are likely to be in Arcane Power, along with Shadow and Vestige Warlocks which have been suggested as well. And new wizard implements such as familiars. Whether Swordmages or Artificers will get coverage in that book is unknown, but there's probably some supplementary material on Bards and Sorcerers, like new 'patrons' or whatever.

Remove ads