D&D 5E Complements to Tenser's Transformation

Committed Hero

Adventurer
My war mage just got this spell and is looking forward to some hands-on combat. But I wonder - if I have the time to cast some buffs before it - what spells might mesh nicely with it in the thick of battle. I had some ideas but would welcome the community's thoughts too. With other concentration spells unavailable, most of the obvious choices probably won't work.

Crown of Stars - I think this will be the best fit, as it gives me some additional damage with a bonus action.

Mirror Image - might buy me a round or two of avoiding damage against creatures without True Sight.

Anything else I should be considering?

jgsugden

Legend
False Life, Longstrider, See Invisibility, Fire Shield, and Blink are the common other ones. If you can get access to it with multiclass, Armor of Agathys upcast is really good.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Played Avernus and the only battle I had that up was our very last one. We were 13th, I was a (pre-Tasha's) Bladesinger. I had up Fire Shield (Chill) and Crown of Stars up as well. While I missed Shield, Absorb Elements and Counterspell, the 50 tHPs helped offset. What I really missed was Misty Step or Fly, because Bel was in his damn flying throne and I ended up doing crazy, risky things to be in combat range.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases