• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Complete Adventurer (merged)

Tetsubo

First Post
Tessarael said:
As covered by Remathilis, they gain extraordinary special qualities at 7th level. Improved Wild Shape just gives extra forms that you can use for Wild Shape - i.e. Humanoid at 1st level, Giant and Large at 2nd, etc.

The levels at which the various forms are granted has changed. They don't get to wild shape to Undead, Outsider, or Magical Beast.

Undead and Outsider I can understand. But Magical Beast? They can assume the form of an Ooze or an Aberration but not a Magical Beast... that just doesn't make any sense. Dragons are OK, but not Magical Beasts...

ivocaliban

First Post
I hope I can mention this without inspiring racial predjudice, but can someone shed some light on:

Maester (gnomish techno-mage)

*sighs* I really hate the fact that there's not a gaming store within three hours of me. Oh, well...at least Stiggybaby processed my order. So much for Amazon!

Last edited:

Gez

First Post
Seen that elsewhere. Maesters craft magic items twice as fast as other people do (one day for 2000 gp instead of one day for 1000 gp), can identify items at will by examinating them for one full minute and succeeding at a Spellcraft check, and get two bonus item creation feats, all that over five levels. Spellcasting progression is 4/5.

drnuncheon

Explorer
Hypersmurf said:
With Dual Strike? No, they don't.

How do you know? It's not on the table. It doesn't say whether you do or don't. You can guess that you don't.

With Manyshot? Yes, they do indeed, because the text for Attacks of Opportunity states that attacking with a ranged weapon provokes an AoO.

But you're not attacking, you're taking the Manyshot standard action. In fact, unlike such actions as 'Charge', which specifically says you may make a 'melee attack', Manyshot does not use the words ranged attack. You may be attacking, it may be at range, but you are not making a ranged attack. (Now why does that sound familiar? Hmm.) Therefore, no AoO.

J

Kai Lord

Hero
I don't mean to hijack, but does anyone know where I can find a thread discussing the Complete Adventurer? I'm curious about getting details on the Beastmaster and Ghost-Faced Killer. :)

Gez

First Post
There. :)

Beastmaster is a 10-level class, good BAB, good Fort and Ref, gets speak with animals and several extra, but weak, animal companions. Prerequisites are Handle Animal 8, Survival 4, and Skill Focus: Handle Animal.

Ghost-Faced Killer is a 10-level class, good BAB, good Fort, several magical ninja-like abilities (including 3d6 of sudden strike, it's like Sneak Attack without the flanking). Requires to be evil, BAB +5, Hide 6, Concentration 4, Intimidate 8, Move Silently 6, Improved Initiative, Power Attack.

Kai Lord

Hero
Gez said:
There. :)

Beastmaster is a 10-level class, good BAB, good Fort and Ref, gets speak with animals and several extra, but weak, animal companions. Prerequisites are Handle Animal 8, Survival 4, and Skill Focus: Handle Animal.
Thanks. Do the animals get any abilities beyond normal animal companions?

Spatula

Explorer
FireLance said:
So, anybody else think that good BAB, two good saves, full arcane spell progression, full divine spell progression, and full bardic music and bardic knowledge advancement for the Fochlucan Lyrist is insane?
Seeing as it takes levels in 3 classes to get into, no, not really. And "full arcane spell progression" is full bard spell progression, not anywhere near as good as full wiz or sorc spell progression.

Remove ads