[Complete Divine] Divine Crusader and bonus domains

Creeperman

First Post
Just to weigh in on my own topic, my interpretation is the nine spells is simply a consequence of having only a single domain, not an absolute restriction in and of itself. Given the wording of the Divine Crusader class, it seems to me that his spell list could be expressed in "clerical notation" as 0+3/0+3/0+3..., which is to say that all his spell slots are domain slots, including those bonus spells slots from a high Charisma.

Therefore, it makes little sense to apply the "limited preparation" rules found on p. 20 for nonspontaneous casters. Hence, it is my opinion that Elder-Basilisk's Fighter 7/Divine Crusader 8/Warpriest 4 would have full and unlimited access to both War and Glory.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
I think - though I'll have to check my Complete Divine when I get home - that he'd get 3/3/3/3... chosen from his normal Divine Crusader spell list (ie the War domain), except that he has the option of filling one slot at each level with the spell from his bonus Domain (ie Glory).

So his three first level spells could be WWW or WWG, but not WGG or GGG.

I think. I'm trying to remember what it said about paladins, and I thought it said they could only take up to one spell from the bonus domain at each level.

-Hyp.

Votan

Explorer
Hypersmurf said:
I think - though I'll have to check my Complete Divine when I get home - that he'd get 3/3/3/3... chosen from his normal Divine Crusader spell list (ie the War domain), except that he has the option of filling one slot at each level with the spell from his bonus Domain (ie Glory).

So his three first level spells could be WWW or WWG, but not WGG or GGG.

I think. I'm trying to remember what it said about paladins, and I thought it said they could only take up to one spell from the bonus domain at each level.

-Hyp.

This is exactly the way that I read this.

Warpriest is a better choice if the character has the right domains. Luck, as a domain, is also a popular chocie and you have to want Glory as a bonus domain. But this can be somewhat character dependent.

Seeker of the Misty Isles is also a possible solution as travel is a useful domain.

Remove ads