• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Complete Dungeons of Dread Photo Gallery

Henrix

Explorer
To refresh everyones memories - the old (huge) bulette:
OldBulette.jpg

The new (large) bulette
NewBulette.jpg

The old vrock
OldVrock.jpg

The new vrock
NewVrock1.jpg

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
DDM: No Dragonborn?

Do I miss something or is there really not a single Dragonborn and only one Tiefling in the new set?

This sounds curious, as these two new races will generate a demand for the appropriate miniatures. I bet on one of my players jumping at the opportunity to play a Dragonborn.

And to the knowledgeable one: what miniatures are included in the new DDM starter set? I only know that they are not randomized, but are they drawn from the DoD set?

Huldvoll

---Jan van Leyden

Henrix

Explorer
Jan van Leyden said:
And to the knowledgeable one: what miniatures are included in the new DDM starter set? I only know that they are not randomized, but are they drawn from the DoD set?

The large green dragon, a yuan-ti swiftscale, elf warlock, dwarf battlemaster and human sellsword. They are not part of DoD, so you won't get doubles (unless you buy more than one starter...).

Riley

Legend
Supporter
I received my case of DOD minis today, and I am quite happy with them. I have to say that many of them look a lot better in person than in the gallery.

These were great:
Dwarf Warlord
Eye of Flame
Everfrost Ranger
Howling Hag
Immolith

These were pleasant surprises:
Bulette
Gnoll Marauder - an ambitious sculpt for a common, and nice textures. I expect it'll look great once it's been dipped.
Halfling Paladin - the best DDM halfling I've seen yet
Kobold Archer
Shadowhunter Bat
Warrior Wight

And, as usual, there were some duds:
Grick
Orc Raider
Troglodyte Bonecrusher
- although I have hopes that the Trog and Orc will benefit greatly from dipping.

Nahat Anoj

First Post
Jan van Leyden said:
Do I miss something or is there really not a single Dragonborn and only one Tiefling in the new set?

This sounds curious, as these two new races will generate a demand for the appropriate miniatures. I bet on one of my players jumping at the opportunity to play a Dragonborn.
I mentioned that there were no dragonborn in the new set, so I'm glad I'm not alone. :) There is a Tiefling Warlock fig I believe. But for Tiefling players, there are at least a couple of Tieflings in previous sets, and only one Dragonborn (which I believe is rare or uncommon).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads