D&D 4E Completed 4e Druid (Updated 7/11, New Items; More Versatile)

demonlampshade

First Post
malcolm_n said:
It's intentional that the higher powers are a bit lower in value. Many are one stage lower, in fact. A fighter would get a druid's defenderish power at 15 instead of 19. In exchange, the druid doesn't have to multiclass to get Strikerish powers too. It was the only way I could think to balance a hybrid class. Keeping powers one stage under doesn't make them so much as underpowered since those are still pretty good powers. And at the epic levels, they catch back up on the power curve with Wild Shape: Elemental, Eidolon, and chimera I think. Before I add power to them, I'd like to see them in play. Please, if you do get any in game feedback on their power level and it seems they're lagging badly, let me know.

Ok, I thought it might be something like that

knowing that the druid actually looks pretty awesome and balanced

I'll try to play it soon
I love me some druid :D

<.<
>.>
now we need a monk...

malcolm_n

Adventurer
I was debating on what to do next. I have conceptual work done on the rest of the 3.5 phb classes, the Samurai, and the spellthief. Most people really want a monk, though, so i think i'll work on that one next.

melkoriii

First Post
I like the concept but Im in the boat that a lot of the powers are too good.

A lot of the powers have ongoing affects and do too good of damage.

One that I saw "Armor of Thorns" is just out right broken.

+8 AC? so you cant be hit by things that target AC and it can be sustained with a minor the whole combat AND if they try and attack you (this could be a miss since it does not say HIT you) they take 3d8+wis?

Since its a minor to sustain that leaves you to use other powers to boot.

Last edited:

NthDegree256

First Post
One that I saw "Armor of Thorns" is just out right broken.

+8 AC? so you cant be hit by things that target AC and it can be sustained with a minor the whole combat AND if they try and attack you (this could be a miss since it does not say HIT you) they take 3d8+wis?

It provides a +8 armor bonus to AC. Armor bonuses don't stack with themselves, so this would overwrite the armor you're already wearing, not augment it.

melkoriii

First Post
NthDegree256 said:
It provides a +8 armor bonus to AC. Armor bonuses don't stack with themselves, so this would overwrite the armor you're already wearing, not augment it.

Still you get to keep your Int or Dex so its as if you are wearing Plate but with none of the Plate penalties and anything that attacks you (not hits you) takes 3d8+wis damage and you can do this EVERY encounter.

This would be my fix.

Move it to a Daily Utility power (utilities are the ones that usually go off of triggers) add stance to the description.

Adds +2 AC and Any melee attacker that targets AC that Hits, takes Wis damage.
Master of Rites: damage is Wis+2

Much more inline with powers of other classes.

malcolm_n

Adventurer
it gives you plate armor bonus. Bonuses of like names don't stack. damage is a bit up there, but compared to other 13th level attacks, it's on par. I think i will drop the sustain minor, though. I had originally figured making it a focused bonus would warrant a little more power, but now realize that only masters of rites would take it anyway, it may as well just be a part of the power. So, I'll update it to only let you sustain it for one extra round.
Any others you noticed?

Utility powers only buff you and your allies, they never harm enemies. Even with your changes, this would still be an attack because there is a part of it which deals direct damage to enemies :).

It's also meant to be a quick reaction power like the rogue just avoiding an attack entirely. It's less powerful than that, even, because it requires the target to attack your AC to help.

Last edited:

The mechanics look solid, the ideas are good, if a little bit seemingly WoW-influenced. The names of the powers are absolutely terrible (EMP and Nip being two particular offenders), but hey, not like I'm paying for this. It's good work, anyway.

VBMEW-01

First Post
Well I love it and already tried out one of the templates in our last session (applied to a kobold wyrmpriest actually) and enjoyed the results.

Any chance of you putting the templates in the back of the next PDF?I'd love to have it all together for when we print.

We're amassing a huge amount of supplemental printout "manuals" with the DDI stuff and new creations here. Anyone know if Clight got the Tinker class finished? I'd love to have it too.

malcolm_n

Adventurer
Sure, I'll get them in a pdf atm.

Sorry about naming conventions, They sounded good when I wrote them down. More than a few were done into the earlier hours when I had time after my day. Even still, I hope they work out for you mechanically.

Remove ads