D&D 4E Completed 4e Druid (Updated 7/11, New Items; More Versatile)

Jack Colby

First Post
Right off the bat: Having a "hybrid" role doesn't sit well with me. I don't think that fits into the game.

But good job on finishing the class completely to level 30. I do like the way you handled wildshape.

mattdm

First Post
Jack Colby said:
Right off the bat: Having a "hybrid" role doesn't sit well with me. I don't think that fits into the game.

Hmm. Do you think the four existing roles completely describe all possible combat niches?

malcolm_n

Adventurer
Thank you for the input :).

The reason for the "hybrid" feel is that WotC has stated the druid would fit multiple roles, thus a hybrid concept. The druid presented above was my closest interpretation to what I would expect to see when it comes out next year.

That said, it was surprisingly difficult to find a good way to combine several types. I settled on the less is more concept. I looked at powers that other classes got in their role at one stage lower. So, for a 19th level Defender druid power, I looked at what the fighter (and to a small degree the paladin) got at 15. I picked an idea that meshed well and ran with it. I did the same with the rogue for the dps set and the fey warlock (and rarely the wizard) for the spellcasting.

Imperialus

Explorer
Bloody Brilliant! Love it.

I'm gonna have to look it over in more detail but at first blush I'm loving it. Have a player who loves druids so I'll be forwarding this PDF to her.

I like how it's viable to build a druid who either focus' on using his wildshape or one who acts more like a caster. A combination of the two would be pretty interesting too.

Last edited:

Doc Eldritch

First Post
Very nice, I am impressed! Quite a useful druid class, and something I think I will definitely use, until we see an "official" one and I decide which I like better.

Since the one WotC makes is slated to be a hybrid as well (according to everything I have read), I am wondering how theirs will work!

Otterscrubber

First Post
Impressive amount of work you've put in here. Although at first glance some of the abilities seem a little too good to be true, I think I saw an at-will that gives Str. vs Reflex? Not sure that makes a lot of sense, as most Str vs. something powers I've seen don't quite work that way. Seems a little skewed. This write up has everything I'd want, which usually means it's a little unbalanced. Still, its nice to see a druid out there in any form, I think they're a great class and I'm a little bummed that they got bumped for one of the newer classes.

Holy Bovine

First Post
Awesome job malcolm! Maybe you should get WotC to give you a job! :D I am forwarding this to the 4Emaniacs in my group. I know they will love it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases