Completely Blank Posts?

acpitz 1

Banned
Banned
No glitch.

If you are not meaning by "glitch" that our mod squad man shoots stuff down.

He no like, he censor.

It's the glitch for you.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
No glitch.

If you are not meaning by "glitch" that our mod squad man shoots stuff down.

He no like, he censor.

It's the glitch for you.

Blanking out posts isn’t the style of any mod I know. If a post is going to be completely eliminated, it will be completely eliminated- including the poster ID and positive. It would be as if the post never occurred (except for any quotes of it).

If text were simply being removed, there would be a Mod note telling everyone WHY...typically in red text.

acpitz 1

Banned
Banned
Blanking out posts isn’t the style of any mod I know. If a post is going to be completely eliminated, it will be completely eliminated- including the poster ID and positive. It would be as if the post never occurred (except for any quotes of it).

If text were simply being removed, there would be a Mod note telling everyone WHY...typically in red text.

Things change.

And some people can't handle the powers ...

EDIT: can -> can't

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Trust me, that is NOT what is happening.

There are only a few mods, and that isn’t the procedure this site has operated under for years.

In addition, I can tell you personally that it is not the case because I have recently found 2 spam reports that also directed to blanked out posts. The anti-spam controls would completely erase the post, as described and ban the poster, not leave a blank post. Just blanking the post leaves the spammer free to continue making spam posts. That’s nonsense from a mod’s perspective.

And the spammer has no motivation to remove their own spam.

That leaves some kind of glitch as the most probable cause. Occam’s Razor.

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Dude, I don’t know where you come from or where else you post/lurk, but what you think is going on here simply isn’t happening.

Here’s another way I can tell you it’s a glitch, not an intention act: if a mod goes into a post to edit it, the system automatically leaves a note saying who edited it and when, just like you will find at the bottom of the note I copypasted from the bottom of your post you recently restored:

Last edited by acpitz 1; Today at 12:03 AM.

Or the note that just appeared in your response above, or now in my post. Those notes won’t appear in an edit screen, either, so cannot be removed.

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
[MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION] [MENTION=177]Umbran[/MENTION] [MENTION=52905]darjr[/MENTION]

As I noted above, I’ve personally encountered two blacked out posts by spammers (whom I subsequently banned). The text wasn’t merely color matched to the back, because the reported text didn’t show even when I quoted it to check. What had been there was simply gone.

Something odd is going on.

acpitz 1

Banned
Banned
Dude, I don’t know where you come from or where else you post/lurk, but what you think is going on here simply isn’t happening.

Here’s another way I can tell you it’s a glitch, not an intention act: if a mod goes into a post to edit it, the system automatically leaves a note saying who edited it and when, just like you will find at the bottom of the note I copypasted from the bottom of your post you recently restored:

Or the note that just appeared in your response above, or now in my post. Those notes won’t appear in an edit screen, either, so cannot be removed.

And those doesn't appear when admins or mods don't want them to appear. Also why was my post up for ~10mins before it went down? About the same time one needs to read it through and make delete.

Yes. Those edit notes come up when us mere mortals do something ... but moderation can be done with out trace. You can just wipe the content and that's it.

I've been around and seen this thing happen not only nowadays but back in 90's as well. Decades online teaches something about people and how they waltz you know ...

EDIT: I do wish I could share your trust ... but I don't seen too much. Been through too much. Unfortunately.

EDIT #2 13min later: Let's see if this shows.

Last edited:

acpitz 1

Banned
Banned
Hmm.. I see no edit notification on the post above. do you?

EDIT 1013 It seems that if you edit immediately it doesn't show. Test it yourself.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases