Computer Program for Monster Design

Seethyr

First Post
Hello all,

I am a long time lurker here, but for the most part a new poster so please bear with me if I am doing this in the wrong spot (or feel free to throw things at me :) ).

I have been working on monster design for a long time using 3.5e rules (mostly for my Maztica Campaign) and have found myself loving the creative part, but despising the drudgery. I dabble a little in computer programming and decided to write a program to remove all of the parts I hate.

Below is the link to a program (up on 4shared) which allows you to simply select the type of creature including most of what is in the SRD. You select type, size, abilities, skills, feats etc. and voila...your monster is statted and ready to copy paste. Hopefully someone finds a use for it because it took me about 40 hours of work (I am self-taught in programming and I'm sure there were far easier ways to do what I did).

Monster Development Assistant.exe - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

I would love to hear what anyone thinks, including possible improvements to the program. I have already found one bug (double check the Space portion of Space/Reach) and I am sure there are others, but I have tested it against about 15 SRD monsters and all seems good.

Enjoy!

PS I wrote a program for designing spells as well so I might as well include that here...

Spell Writer D20.exe - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Sounds cool, though I haven't had a chance to look at it.

People might also appreciate this in the D&D Legacy forums.

Seethyr

First Post
Oh great, thank you for the advice. Is it against any posting policy here, however, to post about the same topic in two separate parts of the forum?

Remove ads