• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Confirmed Skill List from D&DXP and WotC Articles (?)

Aage

First Post
harr said:
Acrobatics - Dex
Athletics - Str
Arcana - Int
Bluff - Cha
Diplomacy - Cha
Dungeoneering - Int
Endurance - Con
Heal - Wis
History - Int
Insight - Wis
Intimidation - Cha
Nature - Wis
Perception - Wis
Religion - Int
Stealth - Dex
Streetwise - Cha
Thievery - Dex

My changes bolded, and there you have my guess...

Xethreau

Josh Gentry - Author, Minister in Training
According to Sneak Attack!, Dungeoneering is Wisdom based (I though after all the uproar someone might have remembered o.o). Insight is Wisdom, and Streetwise is indeed Charisma.

DrSpunj

Explorer
Thanks much, Nytmare, for that tidbit. I've not messed around with Google apparently near as much as I should! ;)

That aside, can anyone please make some guesses as to what type of stuff Endurance will cover? Ever since I saw it on the sheets I've been a bit stumped.

I thought of fatigue and exhaustion, but those would be vs Fortitude defense rolls, wouldn't they? or are defense rolls only made in combat situations and wouldn't apply to mundane situations like:
  • carrying a bunch of stuff
  • going without sleep, like on double watch
  • walking/running beyond whatever's normal for a standard day
  • what is everyone else thinking of?

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Bluff, Diplomacy & Intimidate as three separate skills seems like a pretty massive oversight or error given the combining of so many other skills.

I was really hoping to see these combined into a skill called something like, "Influence."

Colmarr

First Post
Kzach said:
Bluff, Diplomacy & Intimidate as three separate skills seems like a pretty massive oversight or error given the combining of so many other skills.

I assume they were deliberately left separate to allow all classes to contribute to social encounters. It's much easier to explain a fighter and/or barbarian with Intimidate than it is one with Diplomacy (or your suggested Influence skill). Ditto with Rogue/Ranger and Bluff.

Someone in the Escape from Sembia thread mentioned Heraldry as a skill. I'm not sure whether they're a playtester and slipped up, but they've completely ignored my suggestion that mention of the skill might be a "scoop". I don't recall seeing it mentioned anywhere else. It's a pretty obvious analogue for the 3e Knowledge (nobility).

Last edited:

Glyfair

Explorer
DrSpunj said:
That aside, can anyone please make some guesses as to what type of stuff Endurance will cover? Ever since I saw it on the sheets I've been a bit stumped.
It's probably the same as in Star Wars Saga Edition. Essentially there is covers most of the things that used to be Con rolls. Things liked force marching, holding your breath, etc.

Remove ads