D&D 3E/3.5 Confused with ranger manyshoot feat [3.5]

Yep -- but again, one die roll, all or nothing, and if you have precision based damage and the like, it only applies to one arrow.

Plus it only works within 30'.

So while it allows the archer to be more effective when he can move (or has to move), at the range it's effective he's likely to get charged & meleed pretty soon (barring Shot on the Run, of course).

It's not useless, but it's not an overpowered feat, either, which is a good thing IMO.

coyote6

Adventurer
Olgar Shiverstone said:
Yep -- but again, one die roll, all or nothing, and if you have precision based damage and the like, it only applies to one arrow.

Favored Enemy bonus damage isn't precision based any more, right? Nor is Weapon Specialization? Leaving Sneak Attack damage (and similar abilities, like the duelist's bonus damage) as the only precision-based damage.

Olgar Shiverstone said:
Plus it only works within 30'.

Interesting; they apparently got rid of the 30' limit on a lot of stuff (FE, WS, etc.) -- I wonder if keeping it for Manyshot was intentional, or if they just overlooked it.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Manyshot does specify that only the first arrow can critical hit should the attack be a critical

Thus if you did a 3 arrow manyshot, and got a critical, you would roll your damage a total of 5 times (three for the critical first arrow and 1 for each of the other arrows).

cheers

CrimsonTemplar

First Post
True Strike and Manyshot

Since you roll once for each arrow you fire as part of a Manyshot attack you stand a much better chance of doing a good bit of damage to a high AC target using a Bow of True Arrows (or the True Strike spell). True Strike grants a +20 to hit on your next attack roll and Manyshot is only one attack roll for multiple (up to 4) arrows.

It's almost a shame I'm not going to go the archery feat route with my ranger in LG, that could be fun to try out. Still, the TWF path is more in line with the character concept (curly black haired ranger guy in the 13th Warrior).

Darklone

Re: True Strike and Manyshot

CrimsonTemplar said:
It's almost a shame I'm not going to go the archery feat route with my ranger in LG, that could be fun to try out. Still, the TWF path is more in line with the character concept (curly black haired ranger guy in the 13th Warrior).

Now that's interesting... you picture him as a ranger??? I mean, in the movie...

PBS is precision based damage too.

Remove ads