Congratulations to the 2017 Gen Con EN World RPG Award Winners!

Tonight, at Gen Con in Indianapolis, the 17th Annual Gen Con EN World Awards (ENnies) ceremony took place. Congratulations go to all the nominees, and to this year's award winners! The ENnies are an annual award program celebrating the best that tabletop roleplaying games have to offer, created in 2001.

Tonight, at Gen Con in Indianapolis, the 17th Annual Gen Con EN World Awards (ENnies) ceremony took place. Congratulations go to all the nominees, and to this year's award winners! The ENnies are an annual award program celebrating the best that tabletop roleplaying games have to offer, created in 2001.

Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 08.42.42.png

2018 Judges

• Brian Nowak
  • Denise Robinson
  • Kurt Weigel
  • Reece Carter
  • Sean McCoy
Best Adventure

Best Aid/Accessory

Best Cover Art

Best Interior Art

Best Blog

Best Cartography

Best Electronic Book

Best Family Game

Best Free Product

Best Game

Best Miniatures Product

Best Monster/Adversary

Best Podcast

Best Production Values

Best RPG Related Product

Best Rules

Best Setting

Best Supplement

Best Website

Best Writing

Fan's Choice for Best Publisher

• Gold: Wizards of the Coast
  • Silver: Chaosium
Product Of The Year

tales_from_the_loop.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-08-19 at 03.40.48.png

Cam Banks

Adventurer
I'm going to give this more thought. There's a lot to unpack lately. More when I've got something better to put forward and not in this venue. Thread has been derailed enough.

Cheers,
Cam

Man this is turning into a week of burying hatchets and I really hope you two come to some mutually agreeable arrangement. That would be really really great.

Also: HELL YEAH TO ALL THE WINNERS!!!!!

ENNIES.png

Zak S

I'm going to give this more thought. There's a lot to unpack lately. More when I've got something better to put forward and not in this venue. Thread has been derailed enough.

Cheers,
Cam

I will leave you with this then, and try to be very kind:

Going on social media and going, in various ways "Be cool to each other" to your followers hasn't worked.

It didn't work when people harassed Shanna Germain, it didn't work for people harassing Kiel, it didn't work for people harassing Stacy Dellorfano, or Scrap Princess, or Sarah Horrocks, or Mark Diaz Truman or anyone else, ever.

Maybe my solution of saying "You harass creators and make personal attacks, I cease to help you" is too harsh for you, or simply so not in your personality it would hurt you to do it. But if you really want this to be over, there has to be something else besides subtweeting "Hey, be nice".

Maybe you have your own new solution--you're a game designer, you know rules and human behavior. Feel free to try it. But the current one is not effective.

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
There need to be tougher rules on harassment in general.

I wasn't even aware of the controversy around the adventure, as I do my best not to bother with such vortexes of negativity and hate anymore. I'm so tired of the internet in that regard I even stay away from most forums nowadays.

Makes me all the more glad the adventure won though.

As for Tales of the Loop - is anyone going to pick it up (especially from those voting for it)? I already heard from my players that while they voted for it and it sounds cool enough, they are not particularly keen on going for yet another set of rules, but I still plan to get it eventually.

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Epic
Congratulations to all the winners and congratulations to the nominees as well! It's always nice to see hard work recognized and if we can make someone's Gen Con a little better with a couple of hours and a medal, then it's time well-spent. In the nearly 10 years I've served as Submissions Coordinator for the ENnie Awards, I've seen a lot of changes in the industry and met a lot of great people.

Sometimes I feel like Bilbo Baggins: "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
Except I'm never really drunk enough to say something like that and definitely not cool enough (or old enough) to get away with it.

I hope everyone has a fulfilling 2018 and I look forward to seeing this season's submissions. I'll see you at Gen Con 51 (unless you see me at Gary Con or GameHole Con first)!

soulcatcher78

First Post
Blood in the Chocolate and Veins of the Earth are both incredible books! Not only are they well written (Veins has some deep (no pun intended) portions that will provoke thought) but beautifully laid out and constructed. Best purchases of Gen Con.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads