Congratulations WotC...

I actually thought I'd gone insane or had memory problems when I played 3E FR a bit (we mostly didn't play FR in 3E), because some stuff wasn't where I was very sure it was. Turns out WotC just accidentally gaslighted the hell out of me by not actually telling people they did this.
There was an article about the map changes in Dragon magazine a few months before the FRCS was released. They should have put a brief note in the book itself though.

There was an article about the map changes in Dragon magazine a few months before the FRCS was released. They should have put a brief note in the book itself though.
Yeah I wasn't reading Dragon back then, and I didn't even get the FR book immediately when it came out (year or two later I think), so I was like "HUH?" "What?" at stuff but I didn't even consider "Oh they changed it", because it was just not something that would happen lol.

Jadeite

Open Gaming Enthusiast
I actually thought I'd gone insane or had memory problems when I played 3E FR a bit (we mostly didn't play FR in 3E), because some stuff wasn't where I was very sure it was. Turns out WotC just accidentally gaslighted the hell out of me by not actually telling people they did this.
They did tell people about it in Dragon 283 (May 2001), p26.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
I've been playing DnD in one form or another since 84 or so. Started with 1E, but have played the older stuff later, including chainmail. I've been a staunch purchaser of books put out by TSR/WOTC over those decades of playing and still own crates of books, magazine, and boxed sets devoted to my favorite hobby. 4E was my least favorite version of DnD and I think that was mainly due to the execution and homogenization of classes. But that was purely a personal opinion and I still bought, and continue to won, all the 4E books and supplements. 3E was a golden era for me (with warts and all) because of the sheer amount of third party content that was being added.

I say this not as a brag, but as context.

The OGL has likely pushed me away from purchasing any future WOTC DnD books.

And this pains me. It pains me because a lot of my joy is seeing new rules and settings and adventures even if I don't agree with or like them. Cause even bad content can give inspiration.

Planescape is my favorite setting and I'll miss the upcoming book as a result.

Yes I know I can still use all my old rules.
Yes I know that my decision is a relatively minor one in comparison to WOTC's current revenue.
Yes I know there are alternatives and to be honest I play or have played many of them.

It still pains me though.
Quoted for so very much Truth.

I am also pained.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
778nl7.gif

After decades DnD was become a nice hobby, not weird, and even trending, and now guess what, it is now become again shameful. Misery!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases