• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Conlans Art Thread

Conlan

First Post
Thanks for the comments all, Lalato it might be a while before I can get to it, I'm somewhat backed up here plus i'm getting some requests on a differant forum that I post on as well.

Bob, I'm sorry this is taking so long, thanks for being patient. Quick turnaround is definately something I have to work on, chalk it up to inexperience I guess. I guess your something of a guinnepig for me! :D

Anyway I've got everyone done except for Fallax. So far Fallax, Kaela and the wolf have proven the most difficult for me so far. I must have redrawn Kaela four or five differant times trying to make her as young and innocent looking as possible. :) I redrew the wolf because I felt the old version looked more like a german sheppard. I'm redrawing Fallax now, because I just wasnt happy with how he was coming out. I'm going to try to make him seem more hermit like and grizzled. ;)

Attachments

• Kaela Aislinn Final s.jpg
    Kaela Aislinn Final s.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 117
  • Lodric Final s.jpg
    Lodric Final s.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 107
  • Starhl Wolf s.jpg
    Starhl Wolf s.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 124

Bobitron

Explorer
I'm very happy with it so far! Thanks a bunch. I would say your turn around is pretty darn good considering the price! :)

Fallax just betrayed us in game. Can you draw a big club smashing his skull in!?! I hate that guy. :mad:

Just kidding about the club. But maybe draw a bit of malice and scheming into him if you are still in progress? If not, he looked great when you showed him last, to be honest!

Link to the dastardly act here!

maddmic

Explorer
Bobitron said:
I'm very happy with it so far! Thanks a bunch. I would say your turn around is pretty darn good considering the price! :)

Fallax just betrayed us in game. Can you draw a big club smashing his skull in!?! I hate that guy. :mad:

Just kidding about the club. But maybe draw a bit of malice and scheming into him if you are still in progress? If not, he looked great when you showed him last, to be honest!

Link to the dastardly act here!

Ah yes, Bobitron speaks the truth. Herger will probably have to swing that HUGE axe and lop his head off if he gets the chance.....

Also, I hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of placing Hergers picture in his character profile. His sheet is in my sig block.

Felix

Explorer
Wicked stuff, Conlan; keep up the earthy celtic feel too.

My request would be for something similar to what you seem to have going. Culvanwd is a wild elf Druid/Master of Many Forms. I play him with a very fae feel to him, very instinctual, and quite skittish. As for possessions, simply a spear and a belt-pouch, with a fur loin cloth, and a fur mantle and hood. Long tangly hair.

And boy is he dirty. Rolls around in the grass after a bath kind of dirty.

Since he's usually the scout, I always think of him as creeping about, if that helps.

Conlan

First Post
Ok, after much toil over weeks and weeks, this request is finally finished, heres the final group shot Bob, hope you enjoy it.

Attachments

• Group Final.jpg
    Group Final.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 159

Bobitron

Explorer
Conlan! Thank you so very much. I really appreciate your effort on this. It turned out amazing! I knew your style would be perfect for our group.

Conlan

First Post
Thanks for the compliments guys, I dont think I realized how long that one was going to take me. Anyways I think going to take a hiatus from this forum for a bit after I finish all the requests I already have here. I also post on another forum, and have had some requests and some offers for commision work, so after I finish here I'm going to move over there for a while so I dont get buried, I'll be back though.

Hrothgar

First Post
Conlan
I hope I catch you before you take your hiatus. I am the GM of the the Midnight campaign that you just made the group portrait for.

Let me just say thanks. Thanks a lot. I can't really express how I felt after seeing that portrait. After all my years with D+D, I've had some players draw their own characters, but nothing has ever had this impact on me. I've grown to really love this group of players and characters, so to see them drawn, and drawn soooo good, I'm just awestruck. Shock.

I am so impressed with Starhl and Herger. They look just awesome with that Celtic feel. And the Wolf! Wow! You must have practice drawing animals.

Lodric and Valurel are so cool. Just like I would imagine them. The slimer elf and unassuming Lodric. Love it!

OK, the images of Kaela and Aislinn actually brought a tear to my eye. Aislinn is grasping her friend Kaela, a friend she considers as good as a sister, yet she still seems lost, reaching out in another direction. Man. I felt so sad seeing that young girl, yet so proud since she was my creation and captured so beautifully in your picture.

If you are interested, feel free to read the story my players and I have woven over the past year in my sig below. You and your picture have just become apart of our story. I hope it lasts at least another year! Feel free to stop by and chat anytime.

Thanks again, Conlan. I am in your debt.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads