Consistent parts of speech

arscott

First Post
But Bluff as a noun parallels the problem of Escape Artist as a noun--It describes the result of the skill rather than the skill itself. Trickery or Deception would work much better.

am181d

Adventurer
arscott said:
But Bluff as a noun parallels the problem of Escape Artist as a noun--It describes the result of the skill rather than the skill itself. Trickery or Deception would work much better.

Clearly "Escape Artist" is a verb with a direct object.

First Post
Ack; darn you, Occam! I never noticed the mismatch in 3.X and I wouldn't have noticed 'streetwise' in 4e until you pointed it out! Now it's always going to bug me! :mad:

occam

Adventurer
Richards said:
Interesting...but more importantly, what have you heard about the length of a typical 4e gnome's ear hair? I hope they didn't go overboard here, or it will really ruin the 4E experience for me. Too much ear hair really destroys the feeling of verisimilitude for me.

Gnome ear hair is used to indicate status; a gnome grows out his ear hair and trims and weaves it into fine feybraids, in the style of his ancestral Feywild Woodclan. In fact, gnomish proficiency with shears is the origin of the gnome daily racial power, Scissor Pinch, used to sunder light weapons.

Female gnomes, of course, have no unsightly ear hair. They're dead sexy, just like dwarf chicks. ;)

loseth

First Post
Kwalish Kid said:
Will you be just as impressed if they include noun clauses, too?

"How Thor threw the hammer"
"What Bigby cast"

Actually, although these have the appearance of being noun clauses, they could just be an Orc's attempt at forming the interrogative.

Remove ads