• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Constables of the 14th Ward

Scotley

Hero
jkason said:
[sblock=OOC] Not sure if I'm actually in line to do this, but if he is, he'll cast Acid Splash. Of course I get a natural 20 when I can't do crit damage...Ranged Touch attack = 24, Damage = 1[/sblock]

[sblock=Moru]Why not crit? I know it won't be much and the one point was enough, but spells that require an attack roll can be critical hits. Strange though they are, I think the crawlers are subject to crits.[/sblock]

xedr

First Post
[highlight]"Let's get Raul out of here before more of these things come along"[/highlight] says Darius. He grabs the rope and begins tying a loop around Raul's chest and under his arms. Darius pauses as he detects signs that Raul is regaining control of his limbs. [highlight]"This will be easier if you can climb out on your own. Blink twice if you understand me."[/highlight]

Lou

Explorer
Raul paralyzed

xedr said:
[highlight]"Let's get Raul out of here before more of these things come along"[/highlight] says Darius. He grabs the rope and begins tying a loop around Raul's chest and under his arms. Darius pauses as he detects signs that Raul is regaining control of his limbs. [highlight]"This will be easier if you can climb out on your own. Blink twice if you understand me."[/highlight]

[sblock=DMs]Raul attempts to to blink twice and say,"Yes"[/sblock]

xedr

First Post
Darius will proceed with his plan to truss up Raul and have the team haul him up through the hole. [highlight] "Hey guys! See if you can get Soulfetter to pull Raul up!"[/highlight]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter

Upon hearing his name called, SoulFetter makes his way to the edge of the hole - testing each step to make sure the floor will bear his weight (OOC: I am unclear on whether the floor collapsed or the group fell into a trapdoor, but it seems from the dust that it was a collapse).

Once he gets close enough and gets hold of the rope, he'll hoist Raul up.

Leif

Adventurer
SoulFetter, OOC

Mowgli said:
(OOC: I am unclear on whether the floor collapsed or the group fell into a trapdoor, but it seems from the dust that it was a collapse).
I hope you're not waiting for a response to this comment.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Thea stood warily, keeping a careful eye out for the approach of more creatures, as she waited for the stronger members of the group to pull Raul out of the trap. Once that was done, however, she moved forward, obviously hoping to be the next one up the rope.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
OOC: For the Inscrutable DM (That Be You, Leif)

Leif said:
I hope you're not waiting for a response to this comment.

You may, of course, respond or not as you desire. It was just too much trouble to navigate away from the post I'd already started to check my facts. I've since done so, and from the noise described, I deduce that the floor collapsed, so SoulFetter will proceed as previously described.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter

Once Raul is up, SoulFetter will lower the rope again to pull the next party member up, and will proceed this way until everyone is back out of the hole.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads