• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Constables of the 14th Ward

xedr

First Post
Darius sheathes his sword and digs through his backpack to find the healer's kit. [highlight]"Here Raul, you might as well hold on to this. I'm not even sure I remember how to use it."[/highlight] Darius then starts searching bodies and dragging them down the hall to the entrance to the water elemental's room. [highlight]"We shouldn't leave these bodies too near our camp - they're bound to attract attention and carrion feeders. Wally, please keep an eye our while I move the bodies."[/highlight][sblock=ooc]Couple of search rolls (1d20+3=20, 1d20+3=6)[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Thea, Darius and Wally make their way back across the rope over the pit and begin to search and drag bodies. In the end Thea ends up with a wand, 18 gold, 39 silver and 40 copper pieces and 2 daggers, 3 bolas, a singed wooded club, the holy symbol of a Orcish god and an odd bottle. Darius finds 25 gold, 30 silver and 25 copper, 3 singed wooden clubs, a short sword, a spear, 4 bolas, 2 of the odd bottles and chiped flawed gem worth perhaps 5 gp. Their is some rancid looking food that even Wally isn't interested in and several suits of poorly made, flea infested studded leather armor. Thea suspects that Wally managed to pocket a few coins, but she isn't sure and he seems to have more daggers that she remembers. The odd bottles are a translucent lavender color with many bubbles in the glass. These are readily identifiable as a bottle made by the Summerling Tribe of Wood Elves. Of course, now the bottles are now filled or partially filled with cheap, crappy orc rotgut booze that smells vaguely of feet and grilled snails, but the nature of the glass identifies it as something that was taken from the Summerlings. The short sword and daggers are surprisingly well made and appear to be fairly new. Much nicer than any of the other obviously cast-off or Orc-made goods.

Scotley

Hero
[sblock=Jonas and anybody that makes a DC20 knowledge nature check]The big lizard the orcs were riding doesn't come from the area. Such a beast is native to an area well south of Lauralie Summerhome.[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Once we get some heal checks from Raul we can advance time until morning.

The watch notes a couple of carrion crawlers making their way out of the hole in the floor and moving off toward the heap of orcrat bodies. Otherwise, the watches prove uneventful and you get a restful night.

Lou

Explorer
Raul

Scotley said:
OOC: Once we get some heal checks from Raul we can advance time until morning.

The watch notes a couple of carrion crawlers making their way out of the hole in the floor and moving off toward the heap of orcrat bodies. Otherwise, the watches prove uneventful and you get a restful night.

"Who besides Alarion needs tending during the night?" asks Raul. "Those who need healing should sleep towards the stairs, so I won't step on those who just want sleep. "

Raul will make sure he has a small path to tend the injured during the night.

[sblock=rolls]healing check for Alarion 19: Healing check for Alarion (1d20+6=19)

Extra healing checks: Only good for patient #3 (where Alarion was #1)

Extra Healing checks (1d20+6=14, 1d20+6=21, 1d20+6=14, 1d20+6=11, 1d20+6=10)

[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Nighttime Again, OOC

OOC: Raul is able to provide good help to Alarion with his healing skill, so Alarion will recover 10 hp during the night. SoulFetter will be Raul's healing check #2, which Raul didn't think was good enough to succeed at first, but, somehow, SoulFetter's wounds closed up better than expected and he gets back 10 for the night's rest. (Raul almost felt like there was some gentle, warm, healing presence helping him when he tended to SoulFetter's wounds.) I'm not sure who else had Raul perform healing, not everyone seems to be keeping a current hit point total in the rogue's gallery (which would help tremendously, btw), but I do know that Moru declined use of the wand. Everyone else needs to chime in now so we can see where everyone stands, who needs Raul's skills, and who need's Jonas's wand, if anyone. Thanks.

SoulFetter will be as good as new in the morning. :)

Last edited:

xedr

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Darius is only down 2hp (out of 48), so he'll just sleep it off. He's managed to be in the wrong place at the right time and consequently he's missed a lot of the melee fighting.[/sblock]Darius displays his collections from the search to all. Unless anybody (other than Wally) objects, he'll pocket the money and gem with the intention of divvying it up with the others the next time they meet in the Polished Staff.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter's Morning Prep

After everyone wakes up and the group has had their breakfast and are prepared to leave, SoulFetter speaks up:

"I need a few minutes in the guard room to make a pact with a new Vestige." He looks somewhat uncomfortable and hesitates a moment before speaking again. "I know some of you are scholars. If you wish to observe, I would be willing. Though like to be gruesome, there is no danger involved - these are not unholy creatures or the undead, and there is no element of control to be lost. I will summon a Vestige and bargain with it for temporary use of its abilities."

[sblock=For anyone wishing to observe the summoning]The huge young Urgant treads up the stairs to the room, followed by those whose scholarly curiosity urges them to do so. He clears a space in the center of the room, takes out a piece of charcoal, and begins to inscribe a strange circular sigil on the floor, asking the others to stand outside the symbol. Once this is accomplished, he stands just to one side of the sigil and begins to chant in a singsong voice of a much higher pitch than his usual bass rumble.

Soon a coiled heap appears within the seal, which then begins to heave and toss about. Within moments it is apparent that something is standing up from within the coil. It is a strange, grotesque apparition - a female dwarf with great worms for legs and three heads: a lion, a bull, and a female dwarf. The powerfully muscled form strains beneath the finery of an empress, and her fingers glitter with more than a dozen jeweled rings. In one hand she holds a red-hot, star-shaped branding iron. As soon as she manifests completely, the lion head begins trying to bite the bull, causing that head to scream in terror and pull away. With an irritated look, the strange creature reaches up with her free hand and grasps the lions mouth, holding it firmly shut.

The Vestige and the Urgant carry out a conversation in that same singsong language. After a minute or two of fierce bargaining, SoulFetter presents his left hand, palm up. With a gleeful look the dwarf releases the lions mouth - it immediately renews its efforts to get at the bull's head, which again sets up a fearful clamor - and grabs the offered hand. She quickly presses the red hot brand into SoulFetter's palm. The smell of burning flesh fills the air as the Urgant grits his teeth around his obvious agony. With a soft clap of displaced air, the disfigured dwarf vanishes - leaving behind only the charcoal seal. SoulFetter steps onto the seal, scuffing and smearing it beyond recognition.

When he looks at the group surrounding him, he appears somewhat more avaristic and cunning than usual. "My friends, I did not bargain well this day. Aym has consented to allow me the use of her talents, but I fear she will exert rather more influence on me than I would like."

[sblock=OOC]Missed my Bargain Check with Aym by one.[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads