• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Constables of the 14th Ward

Maeglin

First Post
"Let me take a look, here," Rahvin says. "Perhaps there is some sort of hidden mechanism. Moru? Thea? Is there a magical aura here?"

[sblock=notes] Rahvin takes 20 on a Search check to spot traps (29) and another take 20 on Search for finding locking mechanism (29)

If you'd rather I roll, here are a couple of Search rolls, for finding traps and for finding the lock.

Search rolls for finding traps and for finding a lock mechanism (1d20+9=16, 1d20+9=22) [/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Thea moved forward to examine the doors more carefully- being quite cautious to avoid actually touching anything that might trigger a trap. Once again she switched out her normal spectacles for the oversized bug-eye goggles which assisted her examinations so effectively. She went over the doors, and the adjacent area, looking both for any sort of opening mechanism and for any hidden dangers. Once she had completed her mundane checking, she moved back a few paces and uttered a few words in Sylvanoptera, attuning her sight to the patterns of magical energy in the area. She worked her way through the inspection carefully and precisely, not missing any details.

OOC: [sblock] Mundane search, with Trapfinding ability and Goggles of Minute Seeing, total +15, roll 33! ( http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1231923 ). Followed up by a casting of detect magic, Beguiler level 0, 1 of 6 slots used. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Maeglin said:
"Let me take a look, here," Rahvin says. "Perhaps there is some sort of hidden mechanism. Moru? Thea? Is there a magical aura here?"
[sblock=notes] Rahvin takes 20 on a Search check to spot traps (29) and another take 20 on Search for finding locking mechanism (29)
If you'd rather I roll, here are a couple of Search rolls, for finding traps and for finding the lock.
Search rolls for finding traps and for finding a lock mechanism (1d20+9=16, 1d20+9=22) [/sblock]
OOC: I have no problem with you taking 20 or even 30, but this is Scotty's show! :p

Scotley

Hero
A careful search and the detection of magic reveals that their is some sort of inscription in Sylvanoptera on the doors, no locking mechanism can be found on this side of the door and finally, there are at least three different types of magic on the door including a magical trap, a glamour and some sort of preservation.

OOC: How about a spot and listen check from everyone now? Actions?

Lou

Explorer
Raul at the big doors 1

Scotley said:
OOC: How about a spot and listen check from everyone now? Actions?

Raul will gaze at the door from the back of the group and, having neither the skill nor the strength to help much, will move back up the hallway a few steps to keep watch while the other decide how to breach the door.

[sblock=OOC]Spot/Listen checks (1d20+8=11, 1d20+5=11)

Hmmmm. I seem to have been confusing spot and search in the past... I'll have to be more careful.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter

While the others inspect the door and surrounding area, SoulFetter leans against a wall, takes out his axe and a whetstone and begins taking the nicks out of the already flawlessly maintained weapon.

[sblock=Listen/Spot Checks](1d20-1=9, 1d20-1=0)[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Moru Sen, human conjurer

Moru sits back as those better-equipped for it analyze the door, wondering idly what those colored mushrooms Retbi found might do.

[sblock=rolls]Moru Spot 4, Listen 18

Retbi Spot 4, Listen 6

Also, I wasn't sure if Dungeoneering or Nature would be more applicable to the mushrooms (since they seem to be solely an underground occurance), so I rolled both as Knowledge checks to see if he had any ideas. If they're magical, I suppose I could make a Know: Arcana check, too. Just let me ... er, know. ;)

Know: Dungeoneering 19, Know: Nature 9[/sblock]

xedr

First Post
[highlight]"Hey Moru, maybe we could attack the door hinges. What do you think?"[/highlight] Darius holds up the light higher as he looks back the way they came.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads