• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Constables of the 14th Ward

Scotley

Hero
Acting quickly, Alarion grabs the belt of Darius and drags the fighter bodily from the engulfing cube. He moves back pushing the paralyzed form of Darius behind. A pseudopod reaches (1d20+3=6, 1d20+3=18) for Alarion, but he manages to avoid it. Wally tosses back his cloak to pull a jagged edged short sword and pat an empty sheath before finding a dagger. He swings and slices into the cube. It shows no reaction to the wound he opens. Bruno growls and barks nervously as everyone else tries to figure out what to do. Retbi pops his head up to chatter at Moru. The cube begins to edge forward forcing Wally to step back or be engulfed. It reaches (1d20+3=6, 1d20+3=18) out for him and comes dangerously close, a few drops of acid dripping around him. Everyone can see the massive creature now and it seems determined to move into the narrow passage. While it moves slowly the progress seems inexorable. The cube gives off a sharp dank acidic odor and its great weight makes the walls and floor creak as it moves.

[sblock=Moru]Retbi says "Big Ugly! I told you something big and smelly was in here! Doooo something!"[/sblock]

Attachments

• Before_the_Door.xls
    20 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Initiative Order

Thea 22
Alarion 19
Moru 18
Wally 18
Soulfetter 16
Raul 13
Jonas 12
Rahvin 3
Gelatinous Cube 0

Darius-Paralyzed

Actions for round 2?

(I just made one roll for the AOO at Alarion (6) and the regular attack on Wally (18), the Cube only attacks once if anyone was curious about the seeming double attack)

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter

"Ravin, step back if you please so that Jonas and Bruno may escape that narrow passage and allow the rest of us to get at the creature."

SoulFetter takes a secure double handed grip on his axe and moves back 5 feet himself.

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion of Tovarre

There was no talking to this monstrosity. He had to inflict damage, and hope he could put it down before it engulfed anyone else. "BARCARUS!" The knight sweeps out his sword and slashes fiercely at the translucent thing.

[sblock=OOC]

Move action to draw sword
Attack (Power Attack 3): 14
Damage 12

AC: 22 (due to Shield Block ability)
Thanks to Bulwark of defense, any movement it does will draw an AoO (squares treated as ifficult terrain), will roll one just in case

AoO: 18
Damage 11

[/sblock]

xedr

First Post
Darius becomes aware that his nose itches, yet he seems unable to scratch it. What's going on? he wonders in confusion.

jkason

First Post
Scotley said:
Retbi pops his head up to chatter at Moru. [sblock=Moru]Retbi says "Big Ugly! I told you something big and smelly was in here! Doooo something!"[/sblock]

Moru scurries around behind his companions to get a glimpse of their opponent, then sighs loudly.

"Are you kidding me?" he chitters at his familiar. "Why do I even let you sit and read over my shoulder when I study if you can't even identify a bloody cube?"

The wizard shifts from his familiar-speak into the arcane gibberish of a spell. Three glowing darts shoot from his fingers, twisting and turning their way around Moru's companions to strike home in the cube.

[sblock=OOC]Initiative 18

Also, Know: Dungeoneering = 22 to call to mind relevant information on the cube.

Moru moves D41 so folks have room to back away from the cube, and fires off his Magic Missles, which Do a total of 11 force damage[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Thea's initiative 22 ( http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1259086 ).

Unwilling to risk firing her crossbow into a close fight, and knowing that her type of spells were useless against a mindless opponent like this, Thea finally figured out what she could do to help. She made her way forward as far as she could and started dragging Darius farther back- while she could not break his paralysis, she could help move him away from the threat, so that the other constables could concentrate on fighting...

Scotley

Hero
[sblock=Moru]Gelatinous Cubes are part of the family of mindless amorphus creatures that exist only to eat organic matter. They attack mindlessly sensing their prey by smell and vibration. They paralyze and engulf their foes. They are slow, mindless and as easy to hit as a wall. They use acid to help digest their foes. Being nearly transparent they can be hard to spot.[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Thea starts to move forward and then realizes that the cube is now blocking her access to Darius and the others.

OOC: [sblock=Thea]You do not risk hitting friends in melee if you take a -4 on your attack. This thing is so big its like shooting at the broad side of a barn. Even at -4 you'll have to be very unlucky to miss.[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
OOC: [sblock]for some reason, I thought there was a chance of hitting allies if I fire into melee- obviously my TT GMs have been house-ruling that and I never bothered to check- live and learn...[/sblock]

IC: With the cube obviously intent on pushing through the passage, Thea saw there was no easy way to help the others now. She raised her crossbow, and took aim as best she could- if they got through this, maybe she would have to commit to spending more time on the practice range...

OOC: [sblock]Firing at the cube- with the -4 for firing into melee, it works out to a net +0. Roll 16 ( http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1259606 ), damage 1d8= 1 ( http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1259611 )[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads