• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Constables of the 14th Ward

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter

[sblock=Let me at him, let me at him!]Having previously decided on a melee attack rather than missile, SoulFetter will hold his action until he can get at the Cube, then swing with his honkin' big axe.

So as not to slow the action if it comes to his turn tomorrow, I'll go ahead and roll SoulFetter's attack:

To Hit and Damage (1d20+9=22, 3d6+5=21) [/sblock]

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
Jonas heads to the rear of the group to let Soulfetter up to do the dirty work.

"Does anyone have some fire or oil, it might hinder the movement and certianly help hurt that, that thing." suggests Jonas

Scotley

Hero
OOC: I'll give Raul and Rahvin time to check in, as well as anyone replying to Jonas, and then move things along this afternoon.

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
Raul at the back

Fenris said:
Jonas heads to the rear of the group to let Soulfetter up to do the dirty work.

"Does anyone have some fire or oil, it might hinder the movement and certianly help hurt that, that thing." suggests Jonas

"No, I don't," replies Raul to Jonas. Seeing Jonas moving back, Raul remarks, "If we're being forced into a tactical retreat, we'd best secure the way." Raul will move to the secret door and prepare to open it and move through to secure the hallway beyond, if needed. Raul glances back towards the combat.

OOC: On the map, Raul has been in the D39-D41 area at the back of the group, having moved through the secret door and closed it. Raul will move back to D41.

Scotley

Hero
With the cube obviously intent on pushing through the passage, Thea saw there was no easy way to help the others now. She raised her crossbow, and took aim as best she could- if they got through this, maybe she would have to commit to spending more time on the practice range...[/I Her bolt flies true, but does not sink deep into the cube. Alarion could not help thinking there was no talking to this monstrosity. He had to inflict damage, and hope he could put it down before it engulfed anyone else. "BARCARUS!" The knight sweeps out his sword and slashes fiercely at the translucent thing. The blade sends a shower of goo flying. Moru scurries around behind his companions to get a glimpse of their opponent, then sighs loudly. "Are you kidding me?" he chitters at his familiar. "Why do I even let you sit and read over my shoulder when I study if you can't even identify a bloody cube?" The wizard shifts from his familiar-speak into the arcane gibberish of a spell. Three glowing darts shoot from his fingers, twisting and turning their way around Moru's companions to strike home in the cube. With a wordless cry Wally attacks hitting twice with his sword and a particularly effective blow with his dagger. Soulfetter says, "Ravin, step back if you please so that Jonas and Bruno may escape that narrow passage and allow the rest of us to get at the creature." SoulFetter takes a secure double handed grip on his axe and moves back 5 feet himself. Jonas heads to the rear of the group to let Soulfetter up to do the dirty work. "Does anyone have some fire or oil, it might hinder the movement and certianly help hurt that, that thing." suggests Jonas. "No, I don't," replies Raul to Jonas. Seeing Jonas moving back, Raul remarks, "If we're being forced into a tactical retreat, we'd best secure the way." Raul will move to the secret door and prepare to open it and move through to secure the hallway beyond, if needed. Raul glances back towards the combat. Rahvin throws the spike aiming high, to avoid hitting the others. "What in Barcarus' name is that thing?!" He then picks up the lanthorn and steps back, holding his rapier at the ready. The cube flows forward over Alarion, Wally and Darius. Both Alarion and Wally use their weapons to try and fend it off, but inspite of the wounds the cause, the Gelatinous Cube moves onto them. They have nowhere to retreat. Wally continues to stuggle inside the cube. (Fort Save (1d20+5=23) )

[sblock=Alarion]Take Acid damage (1d6=2) and make a DC:20 Fort Save or be paralyzed.[/sblock]

OOC: Actions for round 3?

Attachments

• Before_the_Door.xls
    18 KB · Views: 82

pathfinderq1

First Post
Thea muttered a quick string of curses against brainless opponents, then reached into her pack and produced a slender wand. With a terse command, she fired off a single missile into the creature's side- while the actual damage was minimal, Thea at least was comforted by the knowledge it wouldn't miss.

OOC: [sblock]5 foot step away from cube, draw and fire wand of Magic Missiles. CL 1, so only one missile, Charge 1 of 50, damage 4 ( http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1266861 ). [/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads