• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Construction Delays in Indiana?

mac1504

Explorer
I'll be traveling south from Chicago to Indianapolis for GenCon and was wondering if anyone has any first-hand knowledge of the construction delays along I-65 heading south (and north for the return trip)?

I visited the Indiana DOT website and it sounds like mostly night-time construction projects. I'm just wondering what kind of delays we should expect.

rowport

First Post
Mac-

I travelled from Chicago to Indy two weekends back. The delays are fairly minimal- maybe an extra 20 minutes or so. Just make sure that you leave early morning or early afternoon- avoid around 11:00 and 2:00 (and of course rush hour) because the big delays are from the trucker traffic. Going south I used the skyway, and coming back used 94- I think I will steer clear of the skyway on this trip.

mac1504

Explorer
rowport said:
Mac-

I travelled from Chicago to Indy two weekends back. The delays are fairly minimal- maybe an extra 20 minutes or so. Just make sure that you leave early morning or early afternoon- avoid around 11:00 and 2:00 (and of course rush hour) because the big delays are from the trucker traffic. Going south I used the skyway, and coming back used 94- I think I will steer clear of the skyway on this trip.

We will be leaving early morning- so that doesn't sound too bad in that case.

Thanks for the info!

Sidereal Knight

First Post
As far as the immediate Indianapolis area goes, the interstates are clear of most construction. The rest of the roads are a mixed bag.

If you're coming to Indy from the northeast (I-69), I would suggest taking the I-465 beltway along the east side of the city, then take I-70 into the downtown area. The only major construction project I know of is happening on US-37 (the other direct route to downtown from I-69).

The_Universe

First Post
Cthulhu's Librarian said:
Anyone know about any delays coming from the east or the south? I seem to remember a bit of construction last year, is that still the case?
I'll pipe in here, too. I70 seems to be the shortest route for people from my area, but if there's construction all the way to Indy, I'd like to know so I can consider alternate routes.

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Epic
Coming from the south, there are no delays that I'm aware of.

Coming from the northeast, there will probably be delays due to the construction project on the NE corner of I-465. That can probably be avoided if you just stay on I-65 though.

JediSoth

Dogbrain

First Post
Cthulhu's Librarian said:
Anyone know about any delays coming from the east or the south? I seem to remember a bit of construction last year, is that still the case?

Hyperfix is finished--ahead of schedule. Interstates are fairly clear barring new damage. Major in-city construction:

Binford Road
38th Street
Michigan Road between 40th and 50th streets

You shouldn't need to use any of these for GenCon purposes

Remove ads