• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Contagion and Boss Fights

CapnZapp

Legend
Which is why the only two courses of action are
a) accept it's useless and consign it to the garbage heap - you are right, it is not the first such spell

Or

b) fix it - make it still attractive to players while removing its "I win" button

If you choose a) there's nothing further to discuss and you are free to leave the thread.

If you choose b) however I'm interested in any considered suggestion! ☺

Merudo

Explorer
I thought Contagion is mostly for Druids hits and runs?

Sneak close to BBEG, cast Contagion, fly away as Giant Eagle. The party can then attack the BBEG a few minutes later.

CapnZapp

Legend
I thought Contagion is mostly for Druids hits and runs?

Sneak close to BBEG, cast Contagion, fly away as Giant Eagle. The party can then attack the BBEG a few minutes later.
If you and the rest of the players are content sitting on your hands while the druid player gets to solo the encounter, sure.

If you and the rest of the players are content sitting on your hands while the druid player gets to solo the encounter, sure.

I like to have the occasional solo jaunt. Not enough to be annoying but often enough to give every player some time showing off their character on their own. I expect my players to show some level of maturity and put up with this when it comes up. The biggest danger is, of course, a PC getting in over their head without backup. Makes it more thrilling, IMHO.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads