• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting Al-Qadim creatures

Number 6

First Post
Don't think template works for them. As they're originally presented they're as different from their "mortal existence" as the non-templated undead.
That is correct... however, a Template would work to be used with a bird that matches the person/spirit's morality or personality.

Of course, it's a little late now.

Cleon

Legend
That is correct... however, a Template would work to be used with a bird that matches the person/spirit's morality or personality.

Of course, it's a little late now.

Hmm... that's an interesting approach.

I'm presuming it'd be some kind of "two creature" template like the Lycanthrope, which uses the physical stats of the bird and the mental stats of the soul it actually is.

It's simpler making it a straight monster of course, with the "bird type" being merely flavour.

Cleon

Legend
That should suffice, unless someone knows of a Medium bird we need to include.

I can't think of any 3E "real-world" bird that is Medium sized or greater, except for ratites and similar big, flightless birds. Since all Hama fly, that doesn't seem right.

Unless you really fancy having a "Ghost Ostrich". :cool:

Shade

Monster Junkie
I can't think of any 3E "real-world" bird that is Medium sized or greater, except for ratites and similar big, flightless birds. Since all Hama fly, that doesn't seem right.

Unless you really fancy having a "Ghost Ostrich". :cool:

Who doesn't?!?! :angel:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads