Converting Creatures from Other Campaign Settings

Cleon

Legend
Well, based on your line about the great falchion, we'd best keep Weapon Focus anyway. ;) So Power Attack, Cleave, Weapon Focus (falchion), and Imp Crit (falchion) for the fighter feats? Does that do it for the chieftain? I guess we need to calculate initiative, which would be +4 with Imp Init, I believe.

You fell into my Precisely Focused Weapon Shot trap.

Bwah hah hah! :p

However, I would point out you've given the Chieftain Power Attack twice, as it already has that as one of its Giant feats:

Feats: Cleave˟, Improved Critical (falchion)˟, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Mounted Archery, Mounted Combat, Point Blank Shot, Power Attack, EVEN MORE Power Attack˟, Weapon Focus (falchion)˟
7 feats plus 4 fighter feats˟

So how about we give it another feat from the POWER ATTACK CHAIN instead of the surplus fighter feat Power Attack? I'm leaning towards Improved Sunder.

Feats: Cleave˟, Improved Critical (falchion)˟, Improved Initiative, Improved Sunder˟, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Mounted Archery, Mounted Combat, Point Blank Shot, Power Attack, Weapon Focus (falchion)˟
˟fighter bonus feat

Anything else on these?

Well I guess it needs a brief description and maybe a few words on tactics, but mechanically it's done.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Those feats look good to me!

I think you need to put the shock notation in the attack line for the falchion.

Do you think the chieftains need additional description and tactics? I think I'd be fine on leaving that blank and letting the DM borrow from the main critter entry.

Cleon

Legend
Those feats look good to me!

I think you need to put the shock notation in the attack line for the falchion.

I also forgot to add the masterwork to the hurling spear's melee attack line.

Updating the Desert Giant (Chieftain) Working Draft.

Do you think the chieftains need additional description and tactics? I think I'd be fine on leaving that blank and letting the DM borrow from the main critter entry.

It was just going to be a line or two but I have no objection to leaving it out. I was more interested in a tactics line pointing out that the chief favours melee more than a regular desert giant than a description.

So are we done with these guys?

Cleon

Legend
Yup, I think that does it! What's next here?

Next for this Thread?

Well for Other Campaign Settings how about Ravenloft's Sentinel Bat, Nehwon's Gladiator Lizard, or Faerun's Denizens of Hades?

Or just let it rest for a while to work on other threads' conversions.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I think we're down to about 7 active conversions, including this thread. So we should probably keep it going! Pick your favorite of those suggestions.

Remove ads