• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting Creatures from Other Campaign Settings

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
What about Spring? :p

Those boosts are roughly comparable to the AB template, I think, so they seem about right.

Cleon

Legend
What about Spring? :p

He goes on holiday that season to cool off. ;)

How about adding Spring to Autumn, so both season's stats are intermediate between Summer and Winter?

Those boosts are roughly comparable to the AB template, I think, so they seem about right.

Summer Ice Fiend: Str 26, Dex 13, Con 17, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 13
Autumn/Spring Ice Fiend: Str 28, Dex 13, Con 19, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 15
Winter Ice Fiend: Str 30, Dex 13, Con 21, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 17

Shade

Monster Junkie
Added to Homebrews.

I didn't add any ranger abilities yet. Were we doling them out based upon season?

Wanna expand the breath weapon to the weakest version, making it do maybe 2d6 or 3d6?

Stick with damage reduction x/magic, only higher, for the 20 HD version? Or perhaps add a special material or alignment in addition to magic?

Cleon

Legend
Added to Homebrews.

I didn't add any ranger abilities yet. Were we doling them out based upon season?

I was going to give the 10th level ranger abilities to all the seasons.

Wanna expand the breath weapon to the weakest version, making it do maybe 2d6 or 3d6?

Rather not, since the original didn't have frost breath in summer.

Stick with damage reduction x/magic, only higher, for the 20 HD version? Or perhaps add a special material or alignment in addition to magic?

Maybe "DR X/magic and good" for the Winter?

Expanding on that idea, how about making the Spring/Autumn "magic OR good" and the Winter "magic AND good"?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Maybe "DR X/magic and good" for the Winter?

Expanding on that idea, how about making the Spring/Autumn "magic OR good" and the Winter "magic AND good"?

Great idea! Updated.

We'll need to pick 3 favored enemies. Based on this...

The Ice Fiend was once a Rjurik ranger named Holm Sturmajallik. Holm began to manifest strange abilities in his twentieth year when he froze an attacking orog solid with a single glance. Holm tried to use his powers to aid his tribe, but he gradually felt more isolated from them. He grew in stature and his skin began to turn a shiny blue-white color. Several years after his original manifestation, Holm completely transformed into a 10-foot-tall statue of solid, living, ice, and totally accepted life as an evil awnshegh.

...it sounds like he turned evil after the transformation, so wouldn't have picked humans during his time as a ranger. Perhaps giant, humanoid (orc), and animal?

Cleon

Legend
Great idea! Updated.

We'll need to pick 3 favored enemies. Based on this...

...it sounds like he turned evil after the transformation, so wouldn't have picked humans during his time as a ranger. Perhaps giant, humanoid (orc), and animal?

The Birthright world is one of abundant warfare between nations and tribes, so even a neutral or good ranger might need humanoid (human) to defend their kith and kin.

Shade

Monster Junkie
The Birthright world is one of abundant warfare between nations and tribes, so even a neutral or good ranger might need humanoid (human) to defend their kith and kin.

Doesn't a ranger have to be evil to select his own kind? Or was that jettisoned in 3.5?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads