Converting Epic Level Creatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Shade said:
Standard coins, double goods (gems and jewelery), double items?
Sounds good to me.

Shall we give him a special weapon?
Sure! +3, unholy? A two-handed weapon makes sense, to keep with the bruiser theme, but I think we should go with something a little cooler than just a greatsword. Halberd? Falchion?

Demiurge out.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Falchions are woefully underused, so that gets my vote.

I'll look over the module again and make sure nothing within indicates any othe details.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
This all looks good. I had noticed the double unholy aura, but the effects were so nice.... :p But I like this profane fury, too. :)

Shade

Monster Junkie
Not much else in the module pertaining to Siragle, other than the following:

"Perhaps in battle, Siragle attempts to grab a PC and plane shift home, forcing the other adventurers to undertake a rescue mission to the fiend's gruesome Abyssal realm."

"This dangerous Abyssal denizen has been growing in power and influence over the past few centuries. He now holds sway over the 493rd layer of the Abyss, a small, loathsome place with few inhabitants or resources. Thus, the contract he drew up with Draskilion is of considerable importance to him, and he has decided to deal with the matter personally."

"Siragle's agreement is for Draskilion's soul and services. When he discovers that other beings have also been promised the wizard's soul, he will not be pleased. However, as he has learned to be flexible, Siragle will be happy to claim the souls of two or three less-willing persons, "who should have kept their noses out of this business anyway."

freyar

Not a whole lot mechanical there. Unless you think the bit about plane shift warrants an abduct ability, like a bar-lgura. (It's not necessary, though, since the demon's plane shift isn't normally limited to personal range.)

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Wait, does Siragle have improved grab as we've got him so far? If not, I think he should get it. Having an abduction-type ability isn't necessary, as plane shift doesn't have the "self plus 50 pounds" limitation, and the spell allows for unwilling targets anyway.

Demiurge out.

freyar

Hard for me to guess a CR, but 18 is probably reasonable. Maybe a bump if he has a lot of scrolls with him. Also, we should add "with no chance of failure" to the scroll mastery bit. I guess that sets the natural armor, as well?

Maybe 1000 lb? That's on the heavy end (compared to say an ogre, greater barghest, etc), but strangely low compared to a balor. Why are balors so heavy, just 'cause they're so much stronger?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Dunno. It must be supernatural. ;)

How about +17 natural armor, yielding a total AC of 30, or 35 with profane fury?

I added the "no chance of failure" bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads