• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting Epic Level Creatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Ok, so we have Maximize Spell, Craft Wondrous Item, Empower Spell, Heighten Spell, and Spell Knowledge for the epic spell. How about also Sacred Spell, Repeat Spell, Jack of All Trades, and Spell Focus (x)? I kind of like Sacred Spell and Jack of All Trades because he's an ancient being who's defied a deity (the Black Leopard), but the other two are negotiable.

Shade

Monster Junkie
That all sounds pretty good, but sacred spell is problematic.

Only divine spells can be cast as sacred spells.

Since he casts cleric spells as arcane spells, that feat won't work for him.

freyar

Ahhh, you're right. Ok, let's find something else. Could go with Reach Spell, Persistent Spell, Energy Substitution (x), Widen Spell, or Greater Spell Focus? Actually, I'd have to go through his spell list to see which of those is useful, but surely at least 1 is. ;)

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

Unholy aura and greater planar binding/greater spirit ally for Spell Knowledge?

Evocation for Spell Focus? His spells are all over the various schools. Perhaps Spell Penetration instead, since he's dealing primarily with extraplanar creatures, who often have spell resistance?

freyar

Good choices for the spells, and swapping Spell Penetration for Spell Focus makes sense.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

For the attack lines, do we want to give him a weapon, or just list his melee and ranged modifier for spells?

Finally, the Opawang has created a portal beneath his temple that enables passage to the Dead Lands, where his power is increased. Upon entering this domain, all damage to him is healed and all spell use is restored to him. All invaders in his domain lose 1 hit point per round, which is added to his own hit points.

Do we want to do anything with that?

freyar

Do wu jen have a traditional weapon? If he were a wizard, for example, I could see giving him a quarterstaff, for example. We could give him one of the rods that doubles as a weapon, since he should have some good possessions.

Maybe we can give him a demiplane of some type. I don't know about adding to his hp, but we could make him immune to negative energy and make the demiplane minor negative dominant or something.

Shade

Monster Junkie
I'm not aware of a traditional weapon for wu jen. The class description simply states "Wu jen are proficient with all simple weapons."

The Demiplane is an interesting idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads