• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting Epic Level Creatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Let's just do this:

Consume Spirit (Su): The Opawang may consume the captured spirits brought to him by the Ochimo spirit warriors. As a full round action, the Opawang may remove all the spirits from a single Ochimo, devouring the spirit completely. For every X HD of spirits consumed, the Opawang's life is extended by one year. After a spirit is consumed, the victim is dead and can only be returned to life by a wish or miracle spell or direct divine intervention. If the consumed spirit is returned to life, it no longer extends the Opawang's lifespan.

freyar

Good, that should keep the Ochimo busy, especially if there aren't many victims on the island any more.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

Skills: 11 at 25 ranks
Wu Jen Skills: Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Knowledge (all skills, taken individually) (Int), Profession (Wis), and Spellcraft (Int).

Feats: Maximize Spell (B) plus 8 more (1 can be epic)

freyar

Concentration, Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (local), Knowledge (nature), Knowledge (religion), Knowledge (the planes), Spellcraft. I think all those make sense, maybe nature should be switched to something more "spirit" specific. It might make sense to give him some item crafting, so what Craft skills would be good? It's also tempting to add some things like Diplomacy and Sense Motive.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Let's throw in some Use Magic Device (even if it is cross-class) and maybe Knowledge (history). Craft (alchemy)? Decipher Script and/or Gather Information might explain how he learned some of the secrets to his longetivity.

For crafting, I see him mostly making Wondrous Items.

freyar

Ok, then it looks like

Concentration, Craft (alchemy), Decipher Script, Gather Information, Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (history), Knowledge (local), Knowledge (nature), Knowledge (religion), Knowledge (the planes), Spellcraft, Use Magic Device. That's 12. Drop Know (nature)? Let's drop his class/cross-class skills requirements since he's so old. We can even give him an SQ for that if you want.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Since he's unique, I think we can get by without explaining the source of his class skills.

Updated.

Feats: Maximize Spell (B), 8 more (1 can be epic)
Craft Wondrous Item, Empower Spell, Heighten Spell...
For the epic feat, Improved Spell Capacity?

freyar

Did something happen to his Enslave Spirits ability from the top of page 28?

I like those regular feats, but I'm torn about Imp Spell Capacity vs Spell Knowledge for the Epic one. Depends on how many alternates we want to add into his list, I guess. Ability Focus on something seems like a possibility, or an Extra Spell or two. What do you think?

Shade

Monster Junkie
How'd I miss that? :eek: I've now added it.

Ooh...good suggestion on Spell Knowledge! That would allow us to add 8th and 9th-level spells without explanation. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads