Converting Epic Level Creatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

Natural armor bonus? The similarly CRed sea linnorm has +36, which is actually superior to that of the higher-CRed dread (+30) and corpse tearer (+28) linnorms.

Suggested damage reduction?

Sea linnorm has 30/magic, dread 15/magic, and corpse tearer 20/magic. The swamp linnorm has 10/cold iron. I'd actually prefer the cold iron, or maybe 10/epic.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
DR 10/epic would do well to differentiate it.

The MM2 linnorms are really paragon examples of terrible high-level game design. There's a reason I completely scrapped and redid their stats when I was converting stuff out of the MM2.

GrayLinnorm

Explorer
If the linnorms in MM2 aren't great, maybe we should at the linnorms in the Creature Catalog instead?

(And I liked the linnorms better when they were true dragons.)

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Looking at the CC linnorms might be a good idea.

Since we wanted to go melee-masher with Fafnir, the higher end of natural armor would make sense.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

Skills: 8 at 29 ranks
Standard linnorm skills:
Bluff, Concentration, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Knowledge (arcana), Listen, Search, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Spot, Swim

Feats: Multiattack, 8 more (2 can be epic)
Standard linnorm feats:
Alertness, Flyby Attack, Multiattack, Snatch
Other feats: Ability Focus, Cleave, Power Attack, metamagic feats

Shade

Monster Junkie
Sure!

That'll give us Cleave, Devasting Critical (bite), Great Cleave, Improved Critical (bite), Overwhelming Critical (bite), Power Attack, Weapon Focus (bite). That leaves one more feat (which cannot be epic). How about Snatch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads