Converting First Edition Monsters

Cleon

Legend
Any spear combo is fine by me.

I just realized an easy way of solving this problem was checking what the Hek in UK6 are armed with.

It turns out that the Hek tribesmen have shortswords (1-6 damage) and the leaders have longswords (1-8), with both using leather + shield as armor. Those that ride Giant Striders use light lances (1-6 damage).

So, longswords and spears for weapons? Those both do 1d6 in a small creature's hand.

Shade

Monster Junkie
I just realized an easy way of solving this problem was checking what the Hek in UK6 are armed with.

It turns out that the Hek tribesmen have shortswords (1-6 damage) and the leaders have longswords (1-8), with both using leather + shield as armor. Those that ride Giant Striders use light lances (1-6 damage).

So, longswords and spears for weapons? Those both do 1d6 in a small creature's hand.

Wow...good idea.

Yeah, that suggestion appeals.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Self-Sufficient is fine, though it doesn't play too well with the available warrior skills. What about something like Animal Affinity? Or do you want to spread out the bonuses a bit?

Cleon

Legend
Self-Sufficient is fine, though it doesn't play too well with the available warrior skills. What about something like Animal Affinity? Or do you want to spread out the bonuses a bit?

Animal Affinity is fine - it'll go well with their Giant Striders. We could consider Mounted Combat as an alternative, but a Strider's got AC 16 so a +4 Ride skill would make the feat of limited use.

Remove ads