• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting "generic setting" second edition monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Shade said:
Good name change. I'd either go higher than double speed, or increase its use to once every 5 minutes.

I'll go one up on you and make it once a minute. :)

Shade said:
Yup. Unless you want to give 'em the -2 attack and damage penalty for stone weapons as suggested in the Arms and Equipment Guide.

nah... not really all that necessary - maybe it will appear in the flavor text though, so the DM can make a decision as he wishes.

posting in homebrews. :)

Shade

Monster Junkie
BOZ said:
I'll go one up on you and make it once a minute. :)

Cool. Much simpler.

BOZ said:
nah... not really all that necessary - maybe it will appear in the flavor text though, so the DM can make a decision as he wishes.

That's what I thought you'd say. ;)

BOZ said:
posting in homebrews. :)

In what thread? I don't see it.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Get back to "combing" the desert. :lol:

Attack: Bite +6 melee (2d6+3)

Skills: Hide 4, Listen 4, Spot 4

Feats: Should we give 'em Multiattack as a bonus feat like the sahuagin? I'd recommend Great Fortitude for the other feat, and if Multi is a bonus, Endurance or Alertness.

CR: 3?

LA: +4 (nat armor, unbalance ability scores, immunity to elec, more attacks than fighter of equivalent level)

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Shade said:
Feats: Should we give 'em Multiattack as a bonus feat like the sahuagin? I'd recommend Great Fortitude for the other feat, and if Multi is a bonus, Endurance or Alertness.

yes on bonus, and Alertness sounds better unless you have a fondness for Endurance? :)

Shade

Monster Junkie
Mmmm...savor the flavor. :lol:

It looks good. Sahuagins weigh 200 pounds, so these guys are probably similar. I'd add a good 25 pounds for pincers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads