Converting "generic setting" second edition monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
All of the above sounds good. Perhaps their affinity for monsters gives them wild empathy, which they can use without penalty on magical beasts?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Great idea! Updated.

Skills: 40
Climb, Hide, Knowledge (dungeoneering), Knowledge (nature), Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive, Spot, Survival?

Feats: 1
Track?

Environment: Underground?

Treasure: Standard?

Alignment: Always lawful neutral?

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Let's go usually LN. Your skills and feats appeal, although we might want to give them Track as a bonus feat and give them Point Blank Shot otherwise. I'd be fine without doing that, though.

Shade

Monster Junkie
They enjoy the soft rays of the moon but are blinded by the sun.

Give them light blindness or light sensitivity?

The Oh-do-was are armed with either short bow and dagger (60%) or spear (40%). For every five Oh-do-was in a band there will be one magic-user (roll d6 for level: 1-2 = 4th, 3-5 = 5th, 6 = 6th). For every 15 encountered there will be an additional magic-user of 8th (roll of 1-4) or 9th (roll of 5-6) level. If there are over 25 in a band, their leader will be a 12th level magic-user. There is a 5% chance per level for each magic-user that the individual will have a usable magic item.

Favored class wizard? Ranger? Both?

Ranger seems to fit their flavor much better.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

CR 1?

Solitary, pair, or tribe (5-30 plus one 4th- to 6th-level wizard per 5 adults and one 8th- to 12th-level wizard leader)?

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
CR and organization I agree with. The level adjustment, however, I do not. Let's say +3. I don't think one of these guys is substantially more powerful than, say, a svirfneblin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads