Converting monsters from Dungeon Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Sweet, thanks!

First off, I think we should rename it The Creature of Havenmere ("Demon")

DR 10/X?

Environment: Unknown Alternate Material Plane?

Assuming those skill ranks...

Balance +7, Climb +23, Concentration +14, Jump +12, Listen +17, Spot +11, Survival +11

Add these from earlier:

Acidic Saliva (Ex): The "demon"'s bite is extremely acidic and highly toxic. Anyone bitten by the "demon" must make a DC 24 Fortitude save or take an additional 3d8 points of acid damage. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Caustic Sweat (Ex): A "demon" that performs a stressful activity, such as combat or carrying a heavy load for at least two rounds, begins to sweat. This perspiration is strongly acidic, dealing 1d4 points of acid damage to any creature that touches the "demon" with a natural attack or unarmed strike. The "demon" also deals this acid damage each round to a grappled opponent. The sweat usually lingers for the duration of the stressful activity, and for a number of rounds equal to the "demon"'s Constitution modifier after the activity ended.

The creature's sweat has a bitter reek, and is considered an overpowering scent, meaning the "demon" can be detected at triple normal range by creature's with the scent ability.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
damage reduction 10/magic and piercing or slashing?

Shade said:
Environment: Unknown Alternate Material Plane?

i thought 3E got rid of the idea of alternate MPs? as in, there is only one MP with many worlds.

Shade

Monster Junkie
BOZ said:
damage reduction 10/magic and piercing or slashing?

Sounds good.

BOZ said:
i thought 3E got rid of the idea of alternate MPs? as in, there is only one MP with many worlds.

Oh no, not at all. In fact, looking at the MOTP, it refers to "a Material Plane" rather than "the Material Plane" in many places. Several adventures have featured alternate Material Planes as well (the Harrowing is one, off the top of my head).

Shade

Monster Junkie
Inscrutable Mind DC should be 22. As 14th-level sorcerer?

Remove normal magic missle from SLAs, since we've got a separate ability now.

CR 13 or 14? It seems as good as, if not slightly better than a glabrezu, but not necessarily up to nalfeshnee power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads