Converting monsters from Dungeon Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Monster Junkie
dhaga said:
That could probably be changed to "Victim is stupefied, standing quietly, with a blank stare."
We should state if a stupefied victim is considered helpless or not.

Good points.

We might also consider just going with the fascinated condition:

Fascinated: A fascinated creature is entranced by a supernatural or spell effect. The creature stands or sits quietly, taking no actions other than to pay attention to the fascinating effect, for as long as the effect lasts. It takes a –4 penalty on skill checks made as reactions, such as Listen and Spot checks. Any potential threat, such as a hostile creature approaching, allows the fascinated creature a new saving throw against the fascinating effect. Any obvious threat, such as someone drawing a weapon, casting a spell, or aiming a ranged weapon at the fascinated creature, automatically breaks the effect. A fascinated creature’s ally may shake it free of the spell as a standard action.

Mortis

First Post
Shade said:
Good points.

We might also consider just going with the fascinated condition:

Fascinated: A fascinated creature is entranced by a supernatural or spell effect. The creature stands or sits quietly, taking no actions other than to pay attention to the fascinating effect, for as long as the effect lasts. It takes a –4 penalty on skill checks made as reactions, such as Listen and Spot checks. Any potential threat, such as a hostile creature approaching, allows the fascinated creature a new saving throw against the fascinating effect. Any obvious threat, such as someone drawing a weapon, casting a spell, or aiming a ranged weapon at the fascinated creature, automatically breaks the effect. A fascinated creature’s ally may shake it free of the spell as a standard action.
Yeah I think using fascinated will work fine.

Regards
Mortis

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated Homebrews.

We still need...

Armor Class: x (+1 size, +2 Dex, +x natural), touch x, flat-footed x
Skills: 10
Feats: 3
Challenge Rating: x
Advancement: x
Weight
Range for wandstrike?

Mortis

First Post
Shade said:
Armor Class: x (+1 size, +2 Dex, +x natural), touch x, flat-footed x
+4 Natural
Skills: 10
Disguise self/hide 3 ranks, Spot 4 ranks, Listen 3 ranks,
Point blank shot, rapid shot, shot on the run
Challenge Rating: x
Advancement: x
8-14 HD (small)
20 pounds
Range for wandstrike?
30 feet.

Those feats should with its hats attack :)

Regards
Mortis

Shade

Monster Junkie
I agree with most of that.

The feats will need some modification, though.

Shot on the Run requires Dodge, Mobility, and Point Blank Shot, so it won't be able to get it without one of those being a bonus feat.

Do you think Rapid Shot makes it too powerful? Or more specifically, should we change the hat to a swift action rather than a free action, thereby limiting it to one per round?

Mortis

First Post
Shade said:
Shot on the Run requires Dodge, Mobility, and Point Blank Shot, so it won't be able to get it without one of those being a bonus feat.
True :eek: Something else then?

Do you think Rapid Shot makes it too powerful? Or more specifically, should we change the hat to a swift action rather than a free action, thereby limiting it to one per round?
I don't think so, but after reading the original text which expicitly states only one hat per round maybe we should get rid of rapid shot.

Replace it with dodge, have mobility as a bonus feat, and voila it qualifies for shot on the run. :)

Regards
Mortis

Shade

Monster Junkie
dhaga said:
Change to simply "2: Victim is fascinated."? We know the effect is from the hat :)

I was intending to mean "the hat is the object of its fascination", but I can see how your interpretation makes sense. :heh:

So...should the hat or the puppet be the source of the victim's fascination?

dhaga

First Post
Shade said:
I was intending to mean "the hat is the object of its fascination", but I can see how your interpretation makes sense. :heh:

So...should the hat or the puppet be the source of the victim's fascination?

Ah, and now I understand your interpretation. I think it would be the puppet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads