Converting monsters from Dungeon Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
OK, time for some cleanup.

What’s the thing most left over, skills? We have 36 skill points, how about the following ranks:
Bluff 5, Escape Artist 6, Hide 7, Listen 7, Move Silently 2, Open Locks 2, Spot 7
Was it a +8 bonus to Move Silently, Hide, and Open Locks? Maybe it doesn’t need to be as high with a Dex of 16.

What disease should we use for the Contagion power? The original description was listed as “a fatal disease,” so maybe one that does Con damage?

Don’t see much else to fix there.

Shade

Monster Junkie
BOZ said:
What’s the thing most left over, skills? We have 36 skill points, how about the following ranks:
Bluff 5, Escape Artist 6, Hide 7, Listen 7, Move Silently 2, Open Locks 2, Spot 7
Was it a +8 bonus to Move Silently, Hide, and Open Locks? Maybe it doesn’t need to be as high with a Dex of 16.
It was +8. I think +8 racial and +3 for Dex will make them sufficiently roguelike for their HD.

BOZ said:
What disease should we use for the Contagion power? The original description was listed as “a fatal disease,” so maybe one that does Con damage?
If you're looking for Con damage, it would be one of the following: filth fever, demon fever, or slimy doom. Of course, we could always make our own.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
filth fever sounds the least inappropriate... ;)

also, should we give it an LA?

Last edited:

Shade

Monster Junkie
The fact that I can't imagine someone wanting to play a legless, tongueless undead almost guaratees that someone will want to. :lol:

However, ghouls and ghasts are "-", so I'd go with "-" on these guys as well.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Let's make the italicized description "spookier." Something like...

What at first appears to be a slumped over animated corpse, with its legs severed at the knees, begins to rise. Its eyes glow with an unholy green light, and it wields a blood-stained scimitar in one filthy green hand while balancing on its other gnarled hand.

Otherwise, I think it's about finished.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Yeah, it looks good to me. I've got the house hunter text typed up and awaiting your command. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads