Converting Monsters from Polyhedron Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I agree with true gaze attack and corresponding CR increase.

Str 19, Dex 10, Con 23, Int 1, Wis 10, Cha 12? Wanted to bump Cha a little for the gaze DC.

freyar

For the gaze, I'd like to give the ox the ability to "turn it off." Something like:

Death Gaze (Su): Death, 30 ft, Fort Save DC X negates, the save DC is Charisma-based. A death ox may suppress or resume its gaze as a free action (by covering its eyes with its hair).

Shade

Monster Junkie
Indeed! Updated.

Skills: 9 ranks (gorgon has listen and spot)

Feats: 3 (gorgon has Alertness, Improved Initiative, Iron Will)

Advancement: 6–12 HD (Large); 13–18 HD (Huge)?

A typical death ox stands over 8 feet tall at the shoulder and measures x feet from snout to tail. It weighs about x pounds. (A typical gorgon stands over 6 feet tall at the shoulder and measures 8 feet from snout to tail. It weighs about 4,000 pounds.)

freyar

Let's give it 7 ranks in Listen, 2 in Spot (can't be that good if it's always hiding its eyes in its hair).

Imp Init and IW are good. I could either go with Ability Focus (death gaze) or Endurance (like a bison).

Shade

Monster Junkie
Sounds good.

Advancement: 6–12 HD (Large); 13–18 HD (Huge)?

A typical death ox stands over 8 feet tall at the shoulder and measures x feet from snout to tail. It weighs about x pounds. (A typical gorgon stands over 6 feet tall at the shoulder and measures 8 feet from snout to tail. It weighs about 4,000 pounds.)

CR 7?

freyar

Advancement is good. How about 9 feet snout to tail (a little more compact) and 8000 lb? Yeah, it's probably about as bad as a medusa, so CR 7 is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads